Premier League 2015-16

• Replies 13k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder if H_B has finally accepted that Brentan (TM Supras) is a middle-management, bullshit bingo talking charlatan like everyone else has now realised, or if he still thinks he's a "brilliant manager"? Surely can't be far away from the sack now, has spent a fortune on dross and has achieved nothing. Had it not been for Dalglish signing Suarez, he surely would have been binned long before now.

A significant upgrade on the Mumbleclown I think was the phrase he kept telling us.

Diego Costa charged by FA for violent conduct.

Costa was a disgrace, but the ref and his assistants (what were they doing when the ref didn't see what Costa was up to?) should have dealt with him then and there. I would be more bothered about Costa telling the ref to book other players, certain yellow card for ungentlemanly conduct. Mike Dean is supposed to be one of the top referees in the world but came across as having a blind eye to Diego Costa on Saturday.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34319410

I wonder if H_B has finally accepted that Brentan (TM Supras) is a middle-management, bullshit bingo talking charlatan like everyone else has now realised, or if he still thinks he's a "brilliant manager"? Surely can't be far away from the sack now, has spent a fortune on dross and has achieved nothing. Had it not been for Dalglish signing Suarez, he surely would have been binned long before now.

De Gea's save was absolutely incredible. Whatever pay rise they gave him was money very, very well spent.

At least he has his successful prediction about the demise of Italian football to fall back on.

Oh.

Why does someone brandishing an imaginary yellow card incite so much fury from the British public? I doesn't bother me at all, people do various other things to get people book without sparking so much rage.

It's fine for Rooney to shout in a refs face, you won't hear a pundit say a thing about that. But wave an imaginary card and you'll be chased out the country.

It's fine for Rooney to shout in a refs face, you won't hear a pundit say a thing about that. But wave an imaginary card and you'll be chased out the country.

I hate seeing both, to be fair. The imaginary card is unsporting behaviour so should be punished by a booking. Just doesn't happen neatly enough.

I'd love it if a ref just got his card out and flashed it left right and centre when shite like that happens. Players would soon learn.

I think the card thing dates from Ronaldo against England tbh. Personally I don't like it but I think getting in the ref's face and forcing him to walk backwards is far, far worse.

Nail. Head.

I actually like the imaginary card thing. Particularly because the media over here get so worked up about it.

Watching Sporting Lisbon vs Nacional tonight where a player was immediately yellowed for waving an imaginary card. Is it actually in the rulebook and not getting reffed consistently? Or is it ambiguous and comes under unsporting behaviour or something?

Archived