Premier League 2015-16

• Replies 13k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Disappointing day although at least it was dry in Manchester for once.

Cracking goal from Benteke gave us some hope but Liverpool were poor and got what they deserved. Big few weeks coming up for Brendan ... Bordeaux away on Thursday followed by 4 home games and then the Merseyside Derby at Goodison before the next international break.

Actually thought it was an excellent 2nd half - 1st half was a non-event. Schweinsteiger was excellent and the United defence was excellent again - all 4 were great. Smalling has had a great start to the season, Blind was MOM and it makes a massive difference having two quality full backs. Luke Shaw is looking back to his best and Darmian is so solid. I am sure Memphis is going to come good but Young deserves a run in the team - it was his direct running that got the first goal. Second in the league and I am sure United will keep improving - don't think it will be enough to catch City though.

I have no idea what Rodgers was thinking. He has one player in his squad who can run at a man and put crosses in, Ibe, and he leaves him on the bench for 75 minutes. Danny Ings was basically playing right wing-back. No point in having Benteke if there are no crosses going in. I don't think he has a plan to get out of this, more bizarre spending but they are looking worse. Basically played for the draw and got exactly what they deserved. Shows how much Suarez carried them 2 seasons ago.

You need to remember that Tyler's job is not just to commentate on football, his job is to sell Sky's product, so he is going to hype up anything that creates a good story in their 'best league in the world' narrative. Martial making his debut was the big pre-match chat, so coming on and scoring was Sky's/Tyler's ideal scenario.

Exactly this.

I didn't watch the game but presumably it was followed by a trademark "this could only happen in the Barclay's Premier League"?

Exactly this.

I didn't watch the game but presumably it was followed by a trademark "this could only happen in the Barclay's Premier League"?

Think it was more welcome to Manchester United Anthony Martial or something. Similar to his "Introducing 18 year old Wayne Rooney" comment.

Surprised no one has brought up his Aguuuuuuuuuuuuuuuerooooo comment.....

Has he f**k he had a great season last, and for f**k knows what reason Martinez hasn't played him much so far this season.

Should be Scotland's number 9 every fucking time.

Steven Fletcher! f**k off...

There are better players being kept out. Mirallas and Deulofeu come to mind.

Not exactly an enthralling super sunday ahead. Strange that they would have Everton Chelsea and Mn utd Liverpool both on TV yest and serve us up with this shite today

Aye, imagine BT not letting sky have Everton v Chelsea for today.

Quite uninspiring fare. I have a soft spot for Leicester through some friends and I fancy their chances today. Spurs at Sunderland could be a slog but I'd fancy Spurs to nick it by the odd goal.

Archived