Premier League 2015-16

Man Utd now claiming they sent an e-mail with the details before the deadline but Madrid didn't open it. Trying to get the transfer forced through now. Strange behaviour after dicking about all summer. That Romero isn't very good, where did they get him from?

Sampdoria

I'd say he's been okay bar the howler against Swansea for the second goal.

United are an absolute shambles in the transfer window :lol:

• Replies 13k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I still cannot fathom Man Utd's failure to sign a quality centre back during the transfer window.

Despite what many think, other than the defence, Man U still have a quality squad in midfield and up front. The problem seems to be than LVG hasn't a clue how to set them up to get the best out of them.

Someone else said it was like watching an FM player who was signing people for no reason just because they have a large transfer budget

Man Utd now claiming they sent an e-mail with the details before the deadline but Madrid didn't open it. Trying to get the transfer forced through now. Strange behaviour after dicking about all summer. That Romero isn't very good, where did they get him from?

What a farce! Surely someone called Real to confirm that the email had been sent.

FIFA have confirmed that United sent in the details of the De Gea deal to the transfer matching system on time.

Romero was at Sampdoria but signed on a free transfer.

Victor Valdes will be hoping to leave today.

Some more deals.

Mori to Everton for £9.5 million. It was rumoured to be £5.5 yesterday.

Man City have sold young striker Pozo to Deportivo Almeria. Denier has been sent on loan to Galatasaray. The Beeb says that they also got £8 million from Monaco for Lopes. Not sure when that deal went through.

Watford's Layun has gone to Porto on loan that should be made permanent.

Notts Forest have agreed to sell Antonio to the Hammers for £7 million.

I'm sure Madrid must be devastated at having to pick up the goalkeeper of their choice for even less of an outlay in either January or next summer, a player LVG isn't even using to strengthen his flailing starting eleven at the moment.

Given the desperation of Man Utd already accepting a cut-price bid, they're probably the bigger losers from this one.

I think Real will be marginally the more aggrieved, especially given it's their fault by the sounds of it. A lot can happen in a year - given a good season and a change of heart, maybe he decides to sign a new contract (I know that's hugely unlikely). Also heard someone mention a possible registration ban for Real - any mileage in that?

The way Romero has started, I think the chance of another year of a World Class keeper is a big plus for United. They'll probably lose him in the summer, but if he gives them a great season, that'll be worth it IMO.

Madrid statement blames Man U entirely saying they didnt send the final final paperwork until midnight.

Their statement with a run down of events in the transfer is here (in Spanish obviously).

Of course the fact that Madrid waited until the last day of the transfer window to get the deal done is of course irrelevant ;)

They've had three months to sort it out ffs. Quite amusing that the brinksmanship seems to have cost both parties.

I still cannot fathom Man Utd's failure to sign a quality centre back during the transfer window.

Despite what many think, other than the defence, Man U still have a quality squad in midfield and up front. The problem seems to be than LVG hasn't a clue how to set them up to get the best out of them.

I feel the same, since vidic and Ferdinand left two years ago they have spent £230 million and still not properly replaced the two of them.

Archived