Premier League 2015-16

• Replies 13k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Attendances at the MCG games given as 99,832 for tonight against 41,134 for City v Roma and 80,746 for Roma v Real.

Fascinating.

When 90,000 turn up to see the Melbourne Billabongs against the Koala Coast Chuzzwazzers, I might be impressed.

Countless poor efforts though and just showed the world what a brain dead caveman he is. A total embarrassment for all concerned.

However I honestly hope Pearson gets another management job soon so he can be an object of ridicule once more.

Caveman or not, at least he was something different. It's made all the worse by the media scrambling to find anything of note to report on in the insanely bland press conferences, making the subsequent pish they spout show them to be even more bland. I'd much rather see a Nigel Pearson press conference than another fawning "oh-look-how-sophisticated-he-is" piece on Mourinho while they rip the heid off it collectively.

What was the story last week? Mourinho says that Arsenal have spent money, so should win. Wenger says, aye, but so has he. Ooft, thrilling stuff.

And on the subject of what he said about Benitez - anyone else think that if someone else said that, more might be made of it? Not for a minute suggesting that it was his intention, but it was along the lines of "his wife should shut up and go back to making his tea". Poor choice of words, but since it's him it doesn't seem to have really been challenged.

Managers press conferences have got awful since Fergie retired. No ones stepped up.

They've always been awful, a mechanism to fill dead time on 24/7 SSN.

I for one, rarely have any interest in the latest dull platitudes from a manager. Do your talking on the pitch.

Modern football, especially in English football, is becoming like Boxing or NFL where it's all about the hype and "discussion points" and the football itself is just a bit of a distraction.

Hazard "kicking" a ball boy was probably more discussed than the World Cup Final.

It's still relatively easy to avoid but I can see why managers get so frustrated with journalists bland, self entitled, pointless line of questioning.

Derek McInnes could flip off every fan he sees, so long as he delivers on the pitch I wouldn't mind in the slightest.

Archived