Premier League 2015-16

Ipswich also won the league the first season up after promotion in 61-62. When Alf Ramsey took charge they where in Div 3 south he left them in '63 (Don't no what happened to him after that) and they where relegated in '64.

The age I am I see Ipswich as being the English Livingston. When I was just getting into football they were both quite good and playing in Europe.

Marcus Stewart and Matt Holland were two of my favourite players as a kid and I really liked Ipswich, same with Villa, Julian Joachim and the colours of the kit being similar to Arbroath.

• Replies 13k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've never actually seen this written down before, but that is absolutely unreal. Worth remembering that, in Liverpool, they had one of the strongest sides in Europe as their opposition during this period.

Yes it was a bit unreal, I'd rather just cross my fingers for Leicester and enjoy their journey rather than decide who's achievements were greater.

I hope if/when Leicester win the league that it might inspire some of our managers and players to go after the ugly sisters rather than give up every season before a ball is kicked.

Yes it was a bit unreal, I'd rather just cross my fingers for Leicester and enjoy their journey rather than decide who's achievements were greater.

This.

Why try and compare it with anything else?  Just enjoy it for what it is - an incredible story.  As a fan of a "diddy" team, never expected to win anything, I'm delighted for what their fans must be experiencing. 

If they do go and win it, I can see Vardy pulling out the Euros just so he can go out on the piss for the entire summer...

Mamadou Sakho has been provisionally suspended for 30 days following a failed drug test that he did not contest.  UEFA will hold a disciplinary hearing to decide his punishment.  He failed the test following the Europa League win over Manchester Utd.

THERE.

IS.

NO.

DIRECT.

COMPARISON.

TO.

WHAT.

LEICESTER.

ARE.

ACHIEVING.

NOW.

You're all welcome. Now you can all get on with your day.

Wow.

Imagine people discussing a football subject on a football forum. Stuff like Leicester winning the league is always going to be compared to stuff that has happened in the past on places like this. It's exactly what forums are for.

Back to the politics forum you head case.

Mamadou Sakho has been provisionally suspended for 30 days following a failed drug test that he did not contest. UEFA will hold a disciplinary hearing to decide his punishment. He failed the test following the Europa League win over Manchester Utd.

I fail to see how he'd gain any footballing advantage over the use of a fat burner.

I fail to see how he'd gain any footballing advantage over the use of a fat burner.

Maybe keep his weight off and help him with his fitness?

I have no idea by the way that's just a total guess I've never heard of athletes doing this before.

May be a side effect of the fat burner that's the issue. Usually those sort of drugs are loaded with caffeine and other stimulants since they increase metabolism and reduce appetite (that's how they "burn" fat). It could be argued the stimulation side effect could have gave him an unfair advantage.

May be a side effect of the fat burner that's the issue. Usually those sort of drugs are loaded with caffeine and other stimulants since they increase metabolism and reduce appetite (that's how they "burn" fat). It could be argued the stimulation side effect could have gave him an unfair advantage.

Aye, the only thing I thought of was possibly the 'buzz' they give. If that's the case, I suppose it's fair enough (if somewhat silly)

Fitness is nothing to do with weight.

But it could definitely improve performance.  Long-term, fitness could improve due to simply lugging around less weight.  Shorter, simple physics means that if you have the same power for movement, lighter would mean faster. 

Obviously I doubt he was losing enough weight to make that much of a difference, but still.

Wow.

Imagine people discussing a football subject on a football forum. Stuff like Leicester winning the league is always going to be compared to stuff that has happened in the past on places like this. It's exactly what forums are for.

Back to the politics forum you head case.

It was a mild attempt at humour, but don't let that stop you from appearing upset.

Here in Leicester, the local radio & newspaper along with the council have set up an event for tomorrow. It's being dubbed as "Backing the Blues" day. The city centre will be lit up blue & people wearing blue items of clothing etc. Coincidentally, the premier league trophy will also be in the city where people can donate money to charity & have a picture taken with the trophy.

Archived