Premier League 2015-16

Absolutely amazed Newcastle have stuck with McLaren. What an awful manager he is, spent a ridiculous amount of money and still has them in the bottom 2.

Last year he spent loads with Derby and couldn't get them in the playoffs. Find it remarkable he's working in the EPL.

• Replies 13k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Absolutely amazed Newcastle have stuck with McLaren. What an awful manager he is, spent a ridiculous amount of money and still has them in the bottom 2.

Last year he spent loads with Derby and couldn't get them in the playoffs. Find it remarkable he's working in the EPL.

I wasn't expecting much from this season, but I thought he might at least be able to make us solid. We've been atrocious though.

It's March, and I still have no real idea of how he is trying to get us to play. There doesn't seem to be a plan.

He's not from London though, so he won't fall victim to the cringeworthy sense of grievance and entitlement from Newcastle's loser fans, to quite the same extent as others have done.

I don't think Leicester have actually gained from the midweek round: Tottenham were always going to struggle in that away match, whereas Leicester scraped a point in what should have been a straightforward home win. I don't think that either side is more likely to win the league now in their than they were on Sunday - though Man City are of course finished and Arsenal will be as well if they lose at the weekend.

Premier League Liverpool 3-0 Man City

tumblr_o3flk9mzID1r462yxo3_540.jpg

Premier League – Anfield – Wednesday 2nd February 2016

tumblr_o3flk9mzID1r462yxo4_540.jpg

Goals: Lallana 34′, Milner 41′, Firmino 57′

tumblr_o3fn2cW0oR1tvninto1_400.giftumblr_o3fn2cW0oR1tvninto2_400.gif

Liverpool dealt a hammer blow to Manchester City's title hopes as Raheem Sterling endured a miserable return to Anfield.

tumblr_o3fn2cW0oR1tvninto3_400.giftumblr_o3fn2cW0oR1tvninto4_400.gif

Liverpool brushed lacklustre Man City aside to complete a memorable Premier League double over Manuel Pellegrini's side.

tumblr_o3flk9mzID1r462yxo1_400.jpg

The Reds were rampant as Adam Lallana, James Milner and Roberto Firmino scored to gain some degree of revenge for Sunday's Capital One Cup Final loss.

tumblr_o3flk9mzID1r462yxo2_400.jpg

England winger Sterling was booed by the Liverpool fans and he was expertly shackled by Jon Flanagan before being substituted at half-time.

City were awful and are a distant 10 points behind leaders Leicester in fourth place with games running out.

Premier League Liverpool 3-0 Man City

tumblr_o3flk9mzID1r462yxo3_540.jpg

Premier League Anfield Wednesday 2nd February 2016

tumblr_o3flk9mzID1r462yxo4_540.jpg

Goals: Lallana 34′, Milner 41′, Firmino 57′

tumblr_o3fn2cW0oR1tvninto1_400.giftumblr_o3fn2cW0oR1tvninto2_400.gif

Liverpool dealt a hammer blow to Manchester City's title hopes as Raheem Sterling endured a miserable return to Anfield.

tumblr_o3fn2cW0oR1tvninto3_400.giftumblr_o3fn2cW0oR1tvninto4_400.gif

Liverpool brushed lacklustre Man City aside to complete a memorable Premier League double over Manuel Pellegrini's side.

tumblr_o3flk9mzID1r462yxo1_400.jpg

The Reds were rampant as Adam Lallana, James Milner and Roberto Firmino scored to gain some degree of revenge for Sunday's Capital One Cup Final loss.

tumblr_o3flk9mzID1r462yxo2_400.jpg

England winger Sterling was booed by the Liverpool fans and he was expertly shackled by Jon Flanagan before being substituted at half-time.

City were awful and are a distant 10 points behind leaders Leicester in fourth place with games running out.

Wonderful post ... :P

I don't think Leicester have actually gained from the midweek round: Tottenham were always going to struggle in that away match, whereas Leicester scraped a point in what should have been a straightforward home win. I don't think that either side is more likely to win the league now in their than they were on Sunday - though Man City are of course finished and Arsenal will be as well if they lose at the weekend.

They are one point further ahead than they were at the start of the round, with one less game to play.

Sounds like a gain if you ask me.

I really don't think it's likely because United are mince, but imagine the scenes if both Manchester teams had solid results until the end of the season and Arsenal contrived to finish 5th.

I don't think City or Arsenal are out of it sadly. Will be fuming if they either of them go on to win it but can see a few crazy results to come yet if this midweek is anything to go by.

Man City were so spineless yesterday though.

You must know that it's true or you're deluding yourself. Pardew was clearly miles better than McClaren but I've no doubt that may of the fans still think they're better off without him.

What's that got to do with Pardew being from London though?

Newcastle fans don't like McLaren either.

Archived