Premier League 2015-16

• Replies 13k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For me, it's a tough tie between Lloris and De Gea with Cech still up there.

Courtois is several levels below them 3 at the moment for me but he's still a top, top keeper.

I think Cechs still great but sometimes I wonder if I'm thinking about how good he was rather than how good he is now even though I don't think there's actually that much difference and he's still playing to a really high level! Probably up alongside Lloris and Courtois still in fairness.

I'm shocked you never said Speroni!!!!!! (No sure if he's still at palace like but...! ;) )

1320Lichtie, on 29 Feb 2016 - 21:09, said:

I think Cechs still great but sometimes I wonder if I'm thinking about how good he was rather than how good he is now even though I don't think there's actually that much difference and he's still playing to a really high level! Probably up alongside Lloris and Courtois still in fairness.

I'm shocked you never said Speroni!!!!!! (No sure if he's still at palace like but...! ;) )

I think at their best, all in their prime, Cech is the best out of the four tbf.

Speroni is still at Palace, he's getting another new deal as well. Struggled with injuries this season and he came back during the period McCarthy was just about to be dropped, so Hennessey got his chance and hasn't looked back (Except over the course of the past month or so in which fans have been calling for the return of Speroni). Pardew even threatened Hennessey in a press conference a few weeks back to buck up his ideas or Speroni will be back in.

I noticed billboards up in Manchester this evening advertising £30 tickets for City's return CL game v Kiev and then heard an advertisement on Talksport for them selling tickets for all remaining league games, which they also did at Christmas/New Year. Looks like those extra seats at the Etihad are going well.

I noticed billboards up in Manchester this evening advertising £30 tickets for City's return CL game v Kiev and then heard an advertisement on Talksport for them selling tickets for all remaining league games, which they also did at Christmas/New Year. Looks like those extra seats at the Etihad are going well.

The gloryhunters haven't really taken to man city. I expect that'll change once guardiola takes over.

Without a multi billionaire owner the Etihad would never have been extended and to be fair I think everyone's skint after Christmas and countless games since.

De Gea's the best. Arguments could made for a Lloris being better but claiming he's better by a mile makes you sound like a daft b*****d (the usual for 8mile). De Gea and Lloris are the top 2 then Courtois, Cech, Hart and Schmeichel (based on his form this season) are in the next group.

De Gea

Lloris

Courtois

Cech

Schmeichel

Hart

Adrian

Butland

Forster

Gomis

Mignolet

Fabianski

Krul

Boruc

Howard

Foster

Bunn

Hennessey

Ruddy

Mannone

Aye, even though I'm a Spurs 'man' (term is used very loosely as I know how precious some get about the English team thing) you can't say Lloris is 'miles better' than De Gea as it's simply not true.

There isn't much between them tbh, both could play for any team in the world and do just as good a job as the other.

Lloris also plays behind an excellent back 4, De Gea plays behind midfielders and competition winners. De Gea is different gravy for me, although occasionally prone to a lapse of concentration. He wins more points than any other keeper in the league though.

Kins what he's talking bout, IMO. ;)

Without a multi billionaire owner the Etihad would never have been extended and to be fair I think everyone's skint after Christmas and countless games since.

Indeed it wouldn't. As you know, they've done a brilliant job of regenerating the area and not not just the club so my hat is duly tipped to them. If you have to buy a club as a new toy and spend gazillions you couldn't really do it much better than this. Just a pity it's totally against my footballing principles.

I think your second point is fair for diddy clubs like Saints but at City's level they shouldn't have to be spending to advertise tickets at all let alone on the scale they're doing it. Looks like they've built it but they didn't come.

8MileBU, on 01 Mar 2016 - 14:12, said:

De Gea is absolutely class. Obviously. It doesn't even need saying to be honest...

I just thought I'd set a cat among the pigeons with a bold statement in favour of Lloris. As you say, some folk on here get awfully precious. :D

Its hard to decide the top 3 as such, but for me its:

1. De Gea/Lloris

2. Hart/Courtois

3. Cech/Butland

Butland?! Get out.

Deeboy, on 01 Mar 2016 - 14:15, said:

Buffon is a nazi.

Speaking of Nazi goalkeepers, Christian Abbiati publically admitted he is a fascist a few year ago.

Archived