Premier League 2015-16

• Replies 13k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pantillimon has moved from Sunderland to Watford. Surely Sunderland have someone else lined up as if I were them I'd rather have him than manone(spelling?)

I thought that Pickford looked OK against Spurs, didn't really have much of a chance with any of the goals.

Pantillimon has moved from Sunderland to Watford. Surely Sunderland have someone else lined up as if I were them I'd rather have him than manone(spelling?)

Gomes had some awful moments at Spurs but I think he's been excellent at Watford. It might just be competition for places but I don't think Pantillimon should go straight in the XI.

Considering where Newcastle are in the table, that's a huge risk for them if that deal goes through.

Would you bank on Berahino having the ability and the desire to drag them out the relegation zone?

Would be very harsh on Gomes, he's been great for Watford. Can't really see him being dropped this season (unless he drops a few clangers) though Pantillimon is a good signing for the future.

Gomes has had his share of poor performances this season. Much better than his Spurs days but he hasn't been that consistent tbh

Berahino to Newcastle for £18m seems like a go-er

West Brom will be happy to see the back of him and get the cash but it could be a huge mistake of the two of them end up fighting relegation. I don't expect West Brom to be doing so but they're still only 6 points off Newcastle.

Yeah he's been pretty solid for them this season. Certainly more like his PSV days than his spurs days

Gomes first season at Spurs really was a goal keeping heads gone of epic proportions. So many blunders.

i don't think Berahino is any better than Perez.

He's a completely different type of forward, so the comparison is invalid. Perez generally plays in the line behind the centre forward - Berahino will compete for the latter position.

I think it'll turn out to be a good deal for both clubs. There's little doubt Berahino will be good for a decent haul of goals once he gets up to speed. West Brom actually have a better option in Rondon for now though, and his sulking left him completely out of favour anyway.

Very few big clubs sign big players in January anyway; the window is for Newcastle and Swansea type clubs to swap about their sell-by-date rejects.

And the idea they're looking to get Guardiola is hardly breaking news.

Archived