Premier League 2015-16

• Replies 13k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good on him. I'm all for anybody that isn't a bland media doormat and actually stands up to them. Same when Pearson spoke back to them. They don't like it one bit and will gain their revenge though.

This reverence towards Giggs for past exploits typifies why such fuss is made about Van Gaal. The fact he was a player for a long time and won a lot of things is absolutely irrelevant. 'The United Way' is the popular phrase bandied around at times like this and if they were to get Mourinho or Guardiola the best thing they could do is punt Giggs immediately and run the club their way rather than having some looming spectre of Ferguson still existing to undermine the manager at every opportunity which is what's happened since he left in the first place.

Good on him. I'm all for anybody that isn't a bland media doormat and actually stands up to them. Same when Pearson spoke back to them. They don't like it one bit and will gain their revenge though.

I thought pretty much the same. He could easily have sat there and trotted out the usual stuff but instead he took them on. Fair play in many respects for doing it.

Van Gaal is a strange one for me - for such a high profile guy, he doesn't seem to have achieved a massive amount above the expected.

Certainly the achievements with Ajax and AZ are decent, but his record at Barca (the first time) and Bayern isn't anything out of the ordinary for those clubs. His first stint with the Dutch was awful (as was his second at Barca), and his second was pretty good, but he had some seriously good players at his disposal.

Is it a bit harsh to suggest that he's actually a fairly average manager?

Does it? If anyone is rattled it's him.

Disagree. Think he's tempermental at the best of times, this is just the English media getting their first taste of it and they don't like it one bit.

Prefer their old one. That one is pishy and generic - wee bit like the new Scotland one. Don't like the mention of football club being taken out either

Archived