X-Factor

magee84

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think that James Arthur is a c**t but i'll admit he can fair chant and is pretty relevant to todays popular music which will see him go on to have a much bigger career than Jahmene I'd suspect. Jahmene could make good music but I dont think his style will sell anywhere near as much as Arthur.

He was, for me, by far the best singer in the competition.

He was by far the most interesting singer in the competition and the best act. He deserved to win. He wasn't the "best singer". There were several better. Jahmene, Ella and indeed Carolynne and Melanie who went out in the first two weeks were all better singers.

The X Factor has been a farce since Cowell left though (if it wasn't before). It's become a piss poor parody of itself and the sooner it's killed off the the better. A complete revamp might save it along with Cowell's return but it will need more than just a change of judges to save it. That said, binning Walsh and the extraordinarily irritating Tulisa would be a damn good start.

Said it before but it needs to get away from the game show mentality and go back to being a talent show. Decide the acts, let them sing relatively speaking whatever they like, let the vocal coaches and Brian whatever his name is work on the performances and let neutral judges assess the performance. This team bollocks is nonsense.

Every year they try to 'revamp' it and every year it gets worse as it's moving further and further away from what made it successful in the first place. I think they should take a few years out, let the talent pool build up again and then come back in 3 or 4 years and basically make the changes that SD suggests, with a more 'honest' show that focuses purely on talent and less on Jedward types. They wont do that though, it makes them too much money so they will flog it to death over the next couple of years.

You just have to compare it with Strictly Come Dancing, which is just a simple, well run show with good neutral judges. That's what X-Factor needs to go back to.

He was by far the most interesting singer in the competition and the best act. He deserved to win. He wasn't the "best singer". There were several better. Jahmene, Ella and indeed Carolynne and Melanie who went out in the first two weeks were all better singers.

I would agree with you about Ella. Jahmene would be a better vocalist than James if he toned it down and stopped attempting to do these vocal gymnastics which rarely work and result in lots of flat notes. Jahmene is the epitome of 'trying too hard to impress'.

this was the first x factor i gave up watching. none of the contestants were remotely likable and nicole shitsinger gives me the creeps. i'm not convinced she's human. i think she may be a robot or one of those lizard people david icke goes on about

• 2 years later...

Archived