Ayrshire Cup Final - Auchinleck Talbot vs Hurlford

meadowx1

Ford were the better team all over the park tonight ! Did Gormley say to the Hurlford fans towards the end " you might win the league next year now I'm away " or something along they lines ?

Didn't hear anybody mention that Gormley comment after the game. Maybe I'm biased but I thought it was quite a good match, considering some of the players have been away on hols and are back already. A stunning opening goal from Gus Cochrane and some excellent combination play from Hurlford. Talbot lacked their usual dynamic, but almost set up an interesting last few minutes when Campbell thundered a header off the Ford bar.

Nice to see the lads get some reward for a long tough season, when IMO they were easily the second best junior team in the land and made history with the longest penalty shoot-out in Scottish Cup history.

Didn't hear anybody mention that Gormley comment after the game. Maybe I'm biased but I thought it was quite a good match, considering some of the players have been away on hols and are back already. A stunning opening goal from Gus Cochrane and some excellent combination play from Hurlford. Talbot lacked their usual dynamic, but almost set up an interesting last few minutes when Campbell thundered a header off the Ford bar.

Nice to see the lads get some reward for a long tough season, when IMO they were easily the second best junior team in the land and made history with the longest penalty shoot-out in Scottish Cup history.

It truly is all about opinions ,thought it was woeful worst final I've saw for many a year n that's not sour grapes better team won no doubt, cracking finish for opener , blunder for 2nd ,Campbell header touched over bar ,total highlights.

No he didn't he said "you's will maybe win the league now I'm away " the words I don't gee a f**k were never uttered , and to be fair to him he played three seasons with Talbot won 3 leagues and 2 Scottish cups so it was a good reply to the stick .

Archived