the 15/16 table prediction thread

• Replies 751
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll wait until further into the summer, but going on budgets, the top three should read Celtic, Aberdeen, Hearts. The latter two could well swap, dependant on Hearts strengthening but it'd have to be a hell of a lot as their squad reads mid table, at best, to me right now.

This is a fair point, Robbie Neilson has said 4-5 new signings and quality over quantity so if we suffer any major injury problems the squad may suffer. My prediction of 2nd was blind optimism more than anything else happy with top six and a wee cup run.

This is a fair point, Robbie Neilson has said 4-5 new signings and quality over quantity so if we suffer any major injury problems the squad may suffer. My prediction of 2nd was blind optimism more than anything else happy with top six and a wee cup run.

Its interesting that Neilson says quality over quantity is important, whilst Tommy Wright says having quality in depth is more important than having a strong starting line up.

^ Tedious exert of the week, I guess.

Yes, we're in for a shock in a division that has clearly changed beyond recognition in the year since we were away. :1eye

When a previously promoted Dundee side, now captained by James McPake makes it into the top six I think that tells you everything you need to know tbh. Nosebleed territory for you though right enough.

There's only one direction this juggernaut of a club is moving and that's certainly not towards struggling with most of the dross that make up this league.

greggy.png

A previously promoted side that made a multitude of changes to its team and pumped the jambos juggernaught in preseason..!

A previously promoted side that made a multitude of changes to its team and pumped the jambos juggernaught in preseason..!

Congrats on that massive win m8. We also wiped the floor with the side who went on to finish fourth last pre-season. It's irrelevant.

^^^ Scrambling for relevance.

Congrats on that massive win m8. We also wiped the floor with the side who went on to finish fourth last pre-season. It's irrelevant.

Exactly..

There's a bigger gap between the leagues than you think. Look at Rangers humbling against what was a very poor Motherwell team. I'm not saying you guys will have a bad season- I would think you should focus on staying up before any aspirations of finishing top 2/3...

Aberdeen have made three signings so far, two good Premiership players and one who I know little about.

Our season all depends on the signings we have yet to make but we already have a solid spine to the team and plenty of talented youngsters. It will 'only' take four or five quality signings for us to have a very good season. I can see us finishing 2nd or 3rd.

Dundee made the top six last season after augmenting their Championship winning squad with dross like James McPake. I'm sure we'll be fine.

If Hearts finish 2nd I'll donate £1000 to foundation of hearts.

I didn't realise slagging off James McPake for being so shite could be so potentially profitable! Nice one.

Archived