the 15/16 table prediction thread

At least the Dundee fans generally have an element of piss taking whereas Hearts just constantly compare themselves to Hibs and Aberdeen.

The Hearts boys are at any moment away to start talking about their club's tradition and culture imo. When we came up all we wanted was to survive the top league. Hearts fans are expecting to get into Europe. At the least :lol:

• Replies 751
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Hearts boys are at any moment away to start talking about their club's tradition and culture imo. When we came up all we wanted was to survive the top league. Hearts fans are expecting to get into Europe. At the least :lol:

Nope. I want us to add a few players and see how far we can go. It's not an achievement to finish in the top 6 though, so why should we pretend it is?

At least the Dundee fans generally have an element of piss taking whereas Hearts just constantly compare themselves to Hibs and Aberdeen.

wiggo.png

I'll let you have a think about just why that is.

greggy.png

Not when you've quite possibly the biggest budget outside Celtic it's not, I agree.

Well I'd argue that's absolutely nonsense. We didn't even have the 2nd biggest budget in the Championship.

Just saying that being 6th in a 12 team league is nowt to be overly happy with. We'll finish where we deserve to finish, we'll just have to wait and see where that is.

Tony Wonder, on 18 Jun 2015 - 21:41, said:Tony Wonder, on 18 Jun 2015 - 21:41, said:Tony Wonder, on 18 Jun 2015 - 21:41, said:

Well I'd argue that's absolutely nonsense. We didn't even have the 2nd biggest budget in the Championship.

Just saying that being 6th in a 12 team league is nowt to be overly happy with. We'll finish where we deserve to finish, we'll just have to wait and see where that is.

If you've not got the second biggest budget in the league, then it's almost certainly the third. Definitely between you and Aberdeen budget wise - and it'll be quite a distance between the 3rd highest budget and the 4th.

Aye... that's cos of our tradition and culture....

A top six would be nice and should be possible.

1. Celtic - speaks for itself.

2. Aberdeen - easily the second best team in the league.

3. Hearts - walked the Championship and have look to have strengthened with some decent players.

4. Inverness - a solid top 6 team who don't really get enough credit.

5. St. Johnstone - same as Inverness.

6. Motherwell - I could be being too optimistic but expecting a big improvement on last season.

7. Dundee Utd - will lose form and drop out of the top 6 but still finish on more points than us.

8. Dundee - a solid team but I think they'll struggle to make top 6 again this year (a slight case of "second season syndrome")

9. Ross County - same again, poor first half of the season but a solid second half.

10. Partick Thistle - looked really good for the last few weeks of last season but think they might struggle.

11. Hamilton - I don't think Canning will have what it takes as a manager to keep them away from the bottom.

12. Kilmarnock - have dropped down the league for the last few years and with the supposed £500k budget cut, unfortunately this might be their year.

Not when you've quite possibly the biggest budget outside Celtic it's not, I agree.

Which is why we are expecting top four as a minimum. It's not arrogance, it'd just be a failure to finish any lower with our budget.

I know football doesn't work like that but ict and St Johnstone were third and fourth it's hardly fantasy to think we can compete with them. Utd are weaker, celtic will be miles off and Aberdeen have the pressure of matching their great run last season. Third is where I reckon we will be.

Think it's best if we just let the season play out. Everyone has their own expectations of how teams will do. I'd be disappointed if Hearts don't get Europe. I think most Hearts fans would be. With the squad we've got, the players we're looking to bring in and the backroom staff at the club, along with the quality of the league, I think it's more than achievable. I might be proven wrong, if I am I'll hold my hands up, however I might not, we'll just have to wait and see.

If you've not got the second biggest budget in the league, then it's almost certainly the third. Definitely between you and Aberdeen budget wise - and it'll be quite a distance between the 3rd highest budget and the 4th.

I think you'd be suprised. We don't have a big squad, and our highest earner was probably Wilson who's gone. We've also got rid of Robinson, Holt, McKay, Eckersley and Keatings. We'll sign more obviously but our wage bill last year was nowhere near what people would expect.

Last season's Hearts squad's record against Premiership opposition: W1 D0 L4, 4 scored and 14 conceded.

Am I missing something here? Last season we only played Celtic from the Premiership?

Unless you're counting friendlies in which case it's absurd.

If we don't win the league and Scottish cup double, I'm going to be pissed off, and donate my right leg to charity if I'm wrong, against someone else's right leg if I'm right because that's how it works now. Why? Cos BIG attendances from us, romping the championship and hilarious other anecdotes or points ending with m9 (or other witty variations that prove the quip still hasn't overstayed it's welcome).

When you guys sell 13,000+ season tickets your expectations start to rise a wee bit.

Just ask...supporters of...em...you'll just have to take my word for it. ^_^

Archived