the 15/16 table prediction thread

Right now, clearly. If we sign well then who knows what will happen. They certainly have a honking record again us.

They've also largely been playing utter diddies for the past two seasons, particularly last year. It will be interesting to see how things pan out.

Previous results mean absolutely nothing and you've been in the championship for a year. Since then we've bought players that would walk into your side. I'll be surprised if Hearts are within 10 points of Aberdeen based on the state of both squads currently.

And they say Dons fans have delusions of grandeur

• Replies 751
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Right now, clearly. If we sign well then who knows what will happen. They certainly have a honking record again us.

They've also largely been playing utter diddies for the past two seasons, particularly last year. It will be interesting to see how things pan out.

I've read Hearts are going to sign 4 players with 1 of those being Gavin Reilly. It would take 3 unbelievable signings if they are to challenge the top 3. Looking at the team you could say that Walker and Patterson were decent top 6 players (Nicholson looked decent aswell) and Pallardo and Ozturk may be. The like of Gomis and Sow will struggle.

I think we will be playing as many 'diddies' this year as we did last.

^^^ doing it wrong

County won the second tier by 24 points, lost 1 league game and went something like 34 games unbeaten, I'd call that pretty dominant.

Single cup games doesn't show the gap between the two leagues as quite often the championship outfit will be more than up for it.

But still not as dominant as the record-breaking Heart of Midlothian juggernaut.

And yes, the Championship sides "being more up for it" sure does disprove my point. :1eye

.Previous results mean absolutely nothing and you've been in the championship for a year. Since then we've bought players that would walk into your side. I'll be surprised if Hearts are within 10 points of Aberdeen based on the state of both squads currently.

And they say Dons fans have delusions of grandeur

Uh-huh, and your side that won the League Cup just over a year ago shat its pants three times to Gary Locke's Hearts ffs. :lol:

Aberdeen: not too dissimilar to Hibernian.

I've read Hearts are going to sign 4 players with 1 of those being Gavin Reilly. It would take 3 unbelievable signings if they are to challenge the top 3. Looking at the team you could say that Walker and Patterson were decent top 6 players (Nicholson looked decent aswell) and Pallardo and Ozturk may be. The like of Gomis and Sow will struggle.

I think we will be playing as many 'diddies' this year as we did last.

Yes, because the Inverness side that finished third and won the big cup last season was stuffed from top to bottom with big name signings, right enough. Gavin Reilly is clearly a good, young player, who could go on to be an excellent signing.

Also, let's just nip this unrelated point in the bud right now: Aberdeen will be nowhere near Celtic. Again.

Ok so where realistically do you think Hearts will finish with their current squad? Serious question.

Based on your current squad id say mid table.

I'd be happy with top 6.

It's very hard to predict how Hearts will do as there is a significant gap in standard between the SPL and Championship. But we will sign more players and the young guys are a year more experienced and physicaly developed. There is also a good feeling about the place and the team will be well backed.

Looking forward to the season and rekindling old friendships. :)

Yes, because the Inverness side that finished third and won the big cup last season was stuffed from top to bottom with big name signings, right enough. Gavin Reilly is clearly a good, young player, who could go on to be an excellent signing.

Also, let's just nip this unrelated point in the bud right now: Aberdeen will be nowhere near Celtic. Again.

How many current Hearts players do you think would have got in to last seasons ICT team?

How many current Hearts players do you think would have got in to last seasons ICT team?

I don't know, that clearly wasn't my point. The fact is, you mentioned Gavin Reilly as if he would definitely be a poor signing when he's a promising young player with a good goal scoring ratio. Dundee signed some total diddy from Cowdenbeath and he went on to be one of the top scorers in the Premiership last season. Inverness signed non-entities from no-mark clubs down south and molded together a good side.

The fact is, some signings work out terrifically for some clubs, some don't. Paul Hartley was an utter failure for Hibs yet ended up being one of the best box-to-box midfielders Scotland has seen for decades at Hearts.

I don't know, that clearly wasn't my point. The fact is, you mentioned Gavin Reilly as if he would definitely be a poor signing when he's a promising young player with a good goal scoring ratio. Dundee signed some total diddy from Cowdenbeath and he went on to be one of the top scorers in the Premiership last season. Inverness signed non-entities from no-mark clubs down south and molded together a good side.

The fact is, some signings work out terrifically for some clubs, some don't. Paul Hartley was an utter failure for Hibs yet ended up being one of the best box-to-box midfielders Scotland has seen for decades at Hearts.

So when Dundee sign a player from the lower league he is a "total diddy" also when ICT sign players from lower English leagues they are "non-entities" but when Hearts do it he is a "promising young player". Ha! Your deluded if you think Hearts are going to be anything more than bottom 6 also rans!

Stewart >>> Any Hearts player.

So when Dundee sign a player from the lower league he is a "total diddy" also when ICT sign players from lower English leagues they are "non-entities" but when Hearts do it he is a "promising young player". Ha! Your deluded if you think Hearts are going to be anything more than bottom 6 also rans!

Nae bother :lol: :lol:

No idea how people can put Hearts 3rd/4th. That squad is guaranteed to finish 7th/8th.

Not really. Clubs like Cowdenbeath and Hereford United are total non-entities. Queen of the South are a small club who have done well in recent seasons and have brought through some good individual players, which is why several have now been signed by bigger sides.

But yeah, comments like these are going to look very, very silly just ten or eleven months from now. Maybe not even that long, actually.

Just realised we have Dundee fans and Hearts fans, both with promising squads, in the same forum now.

Fucking hell.

Just realised we have Dundee fans and Hearts fans, both with promising squads, in the same forum now.

Fucking hell.

At least the Dundee fans generally have an element of piss taking whereas Hearts just constantly compare themselves to Hibs and Aberdeen.

Archived