2015/16 Kits

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well done St Mirren. Carbrini did a lot better for us than you last year, glad you didn't get another monstrosity.

The thing is, with the fully bespoke design facility available from JD Sports, allowing for complete design freedom, there was no need for our 2014/15 wretched effort to even have been allowed to leave the drawing board, much less actually produced. The fact the thing was actually produced was simply twofold. One, supporters were not consulted, unlike the previous two kits, and two, our general manager signed off on it. Whether under the influence of Class A drugs or not is still a subject open to debate.

Already got mine. I would've also bought the shorts if I did 5's or 7's but no one I know plays :(

edit: Sorry, I reiterate that; no one I know that I still speak to and/or isn't a complete and utter waste of oxygen plays

Is this a thinly-veiled request for a Hibs P&B five-a-sides team? If so, it's pathetic.

I'm in.

Saw a thread in the Premiership forum but not down here. Have a Raith Rovers-supporting mate who gave me a link to their new effort for the next two seasons. Loving the sponsor's logo, but what's up with the collar?

This is what Dundee's should have looked like. Lovely.

The thing is, with the fully bespoke design facility available from JD Sports, allowing for complete design freedom, there was no need for our 2014/15 wretched effort to even have been allowed to leave the drawing board, much less actually produced. The fact the thing was actually produced was simply twofold. One, supporters were not consulted, unlike the previous two kits, and two, our general manager signed off on it. Whether under the influence of Class A drugs or not is still a subject open to debate.

The cynic in me thinks, for marketing purposes, clubs will from time to time release an absolute monstrosity. It gets people talking, and some folk will buy it because it's so bad. Then a year later release a decent one and more people will want it.

I may be giving them too much credit here however, but would you rather have the bland strips, of say St. Johnstone, season after season?

Is this a thinly-veiled request for a Hibs P&B five-a-sides team? If so, it's pathetic.

I'm in.

Considering where I live, I highly doubt it could be a thing for me :(

I'm guessing here, but the Fan Council input must have seen discussions round the table about the similarities to the Adidas 'Scanlon / MacDougall / Somner' era kit, hence the 'historical' choice of wording.

JD are using the exact same 'historic' nonsense for us.

rcfc-kit-launch-banner.jpg

The cynic in me thinks, for marketing purposes, clubs will from time to time release an absolute monstrosity. It gets people talking, and some folk will buy it because it's so bad. Then a year later release a decent one and more people will want it.

I may be giving them too much credit here however, but would you rather have the bland strips, of say St. Johnstone, season after season?

This is true, a few folk mentioned that we launched it. Design something horrific- a number of folk who get the kits and kids will still buy it, others because it is horrific like you say then refresh with a classic and sales jump.

Then again last year was a bit couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery from our club so maybe this is too much credit.

Archived