Parking fines

That Indigo Parking case is quite interesting: https://www.eveningtelegraph.co.uk/fp/ninewells-nurses-ordered-pay-4000-parking-fines/

I believe the only cases that went to court previously are ones where the driver took the piss and parked hundreds of times and never bought a ticket, whereas in this case, one woman only parked 8 times. 

Still reckon that you're safe to bin the odd parking ticket, but I'd be wary about repeatedly parking in the same place. 

The letters have dried up. So long since we last got one that I can't even say when that was.  I'd forgotten all about it until now.
Continue to ignore!

Monkwoman got this last week, she’s panicking but been told several times to ignore it.

IMG_7244.jpg

6 minutes ago, MONKMAN said:

Monkwoman got this last week, she’s panicking but been told several times to ignore it.

IMG_7244.jpg

I've ignored them in the past without any bother - this was the first time I've known a follow up letter to arrive and since we'd told the recipient to ignore the first one I was panicking a wee bit myself.

39 minutes ago, MONKMAN said:

IMG_7244.jpg

There's an identical letter in the link below, and the last reply thinks it's the last letter they send out before giving up.

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/411151-vcs-pcn-crosslane-spaces-dundee-pollock-fairbridge-schiavone-solicitors-final-demand-before-court-action/

This is a bit more recent.

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/427570-vcs-pcn-ntk-nicol-street-kirkcaldy-scotland-ky11-1ny/

Edited by welshbairn

7 hours ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

That Indigo Parking case is quite interesting: https://www.eveningtelegraph.co.uk/fp/ninewells-nurses-ordered-pay-4000-parking-fines/

I believe the only cases that went to court previously are ones where the driver took the piss and parked hundreds of times and never bought a ticket, whereas in this case, one woman only parked 8 times. 

Still reckon that you're safe to bin the odd parking ticket, but I'd be wary about repeatedly parking in the same place. 

Their first mistake was admitting being there 

I was getting a haircut so stopped in a council car park at the back of the wee Sainsbury's (across from Mennies) on the Perth Road, it's been free for as long as I can remember. The main road is free for 45 mins as well but was full.

Come out to a £30 fine about half an hour later. Turns out that it's pay and display with the first two hours free. Was about to have a heads gone and blame poor signage but all clearly noted. FFS.

• 1 month later...

Mrs jambo-rocker has got this from an private land parking alleged fine up and until now and we've taken the ignore line for two years. What's the option now that they're threatening legal action?

Keep ignoring or get in touch and tell them it's not enforceable?

IMG_20210129_140617.jpg

Edited by the jambo-rocker

46 minutes ago, the jambo-rocker said:

Mrs jambo-rocker has got this from an private land parking alleged fine up and until now and we've taken the ignore line for two years. What's the option now that they're threatening legal action?

I see you have already given it the appropriate treatment

Edited by Bairnardo

28 minutes ago, the jambo-rocker said:

Well the thing is it could be legally enforceable but it's not going to be worth their while to try and recover the money. Therefore, you should file it in the bin. 

1 minute ago, the jambo-rocker said:

Cheers lads. I was 90% sure that was the case, hence why I'd already torn it up.

Noticed that I've left my name on the photo after blanking everything out.😅

Best everyone deletes their quoted photos, wouldn't surprise me if they have an office boy scouring social media for this kind of stuff.

@Inanimate Carbon Rod @Bairnardo

IMG_20210129_140617.thumb.jpg.ff2dfc37aaf8533178305b1ad98c2fbe.jpg
"As seen on can't pay we'll take it away"

Anything to scare the punters what a shower of spineless b*****ds.

"As seen on can't pay we'll take it away"

Anything to scare the punters what a shower of spineless b*****ds.
As seen on a program made in a different country off the back of laws we dont have in Scotland.

Scum

The shops and companies who employ these rats dont come in for nearly enough stick either btw.

8 hours ago, the jambo-rocker said:

IMG_20210129_140617.jpg

They haven't threatened legal action. They have threatened to advise their client to take legal action.

The letter also mentions County Court .

I got the exact same letter from something that happened 6 years ago.

I guarantee what has happened is a spreadsheet had been sent from company A to company B and a slate of letters printed off and send out.

Not a bad idea as the added excitement of As Seen on TV will scare a few auld grannies into paying.

Remember that for the price of a stamp only in 300 odd people need to pay to make this fishing expidition worth their while.

I would be interested to investigate GPDR implications of holding personal info for years and sharing it around different companies but not interested enough to actually engage with these people.

• 2 months later...

Horizon parking PCN letter, directly in the bin.

Very odd to finally receive one of these from last Wednesday as I’ve been parking in the same car park for work for months now with no repercussions, so they may have finally turned their cameras back on in advance of retail opening back up.

How many people do you think actually pay these things to make it worth the companies time.

Edited by Scotty Tunbridge