Parking fines

5th letter today. 

This one is different- it now has a Scottish address on it. And they're definitely, definitely going to take me to court. Which is what the last letter said. 

But I still have a chance to pay them. Which is generous of them. 

Chancing cnuts. 

• 2 weeks later...

I see the Govt wants to stop local councils from accessing the DVLA database to prevent them imposing fines from traffic regulation enforcement.

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/crackdown-on-anti-driver-road-schemes-and-blanket-20mph-limits-to-put-local-consent-first

Consultations are also launching focusing on preventing local councils from turning drivers into ‘cash cows’ by profiting from enforcing traffic restrictions. This includes fines for drivers going into yellow box junctions or parking restrictions.

As with LTNs, the government will also look at restricting local authorities access to third-party data, such as the DVLA database, for enforcement purposes.

It's a shame that they don't have the same inclination to stop others using motorists as 'cash cows'.

On 25/02/2024 at 11:04, johnnydun said:

Reading more into the way out of this by using the 'I wasn't driving, and therfore never entered into a contract' line...

I see that the were going to introduce the Keeper Liability law in Scotland this year, does anyone know if this is in force yet? I can't seem to find anything on it.

My 'friend' got an answer back for the court due to him disputing the claim...

The Order of the Sheriff is that both parties are to attend a Case Management Discussion.

He doesn't know what this is, but is sticking to the line of - "I wasn't driving, and can't disclose who was". shtick.

I will keep you posted.

6 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

My 'friend' got an answer back for the court due to him disputing the claim...

The Order of the Sheriff is that both parties are to attend a Case Management Discussion.

He doesn't know what this is, but is sticking to the line of - "I wasn't driving, and can't disclose who was". shtick.

I will keep you posted.

"The sheriff would like to discuss this case with both parties before ordering a formal court hearing. Both parties are therefore ordered to attend a case management discussion in the sheriff court. The purpose of a case management discussion is to allow the sheriff to discuss the claim and response with both parties and to clarify any concerns which the sheriff has. At the case management discussion, the sheriff will also discuss with both parties their attitudes to negotiation and alternative dispute resolution. At the case management discussion, the sheriff will give both parties orders in person arranging a hearing at which the case will be considered and their dispute resolved. The sheriff may make a decision at a case management discussion."

My Lord, my attitude to negotiation is along the lines of the answer given to the question of expenses in Arkell v Pressdram. 

Letter Number 6 (6! FFS) in the saga of Tossers DCBL v Tam the Bam. 

Same as letters 4 and 5 "Pay up or we'll definitely, definitely be taking you to court which could affect your credit rating etc etc"

I showed letter number 5 to a civil solicitor pal of mine who laughed at it. 

20 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

Letter Number 6 (6! FFS) in the saga of Tossers DCBL v Tam the Bam. 

Same as letters 4 and 5 "Pay up or we'll definitely, definitely be taking you to court which could affect your credit rating etc etc"

I showed letter number 5 to a civil solicitor pal of mine who laughed at it. 

I recieved multiple letters of increasingly desperate variations of "this is definitely definitely definitely definitely your last chance to pay us or we will pass your case on to the sheriff" and just didn't respond to any of them. They eventually give up.