Parking fines

49 minutes ago, MONKMAN said:

Just received this one, after a few previously ignored threats. Seems they’ve ramped up the threat level to DEFCON 3 

709AD08B-9881-41BD-B86F-BE5751148203.jpeg

I wonder if Andy exists of if they have stuck a random stock photo on the footer.

37 minutes ago, 101 said:

I wonder if Andy exists of if they have stuck a random stock photo on the footer.

Must be Andy. If not, they wouldn't have selected, "startled that a local press photographer is waiting outside the Sherriff Court" look from all the available images on Google

they do like to put that web link on everything. I must have gotten it on every single correspondence I received from them and the regulator

I had one last year and because of the wife I had to reply to it (she's a lawyer and petrified it would show on her record. she's really smart about law but no common sense)

i appealed the case to them because it didn't look like a car park as it was a waste bit of ground with sh!te lying everywhere, i was there for a very short period of time (11 mins exactly) and the penalty was excessive, £60/£100. Naturally they rejected my appeal as why would they allow it. I did find out that I was only in there for 11 mins and if I had left before 10mins nothing would have happened.

The next step was to appeal to the regulator, but they advise that if you do that you forfeit the right to the smaller amount even though I was still within the smaller fee timeframe. i added that threat to my grounds of appeal. They also rejected my appeal and sent it back to the company.

I got the standard letter demanding the £100, to which I replied saying I was willing to grudgingly pay the £60 (my wife was forcing me) as I was still within that time limit but i had no intention of paying the £100. week later they wrote to me saying it was now £170 as they had added an admin fee to it. Again I wrote back saying I was still offering to pay the £60 but if they insisted on the £100 or £170 I would be delighted to see them in court. 

that was September and its been silence since. I would have been pi$$ed if they had backed down and agreed to me paying the £60, but they obviously thought they had someone who was going to end up paying.

The signs in the car park are gone now and it is officially a waste bit of ground

• 3 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Euan2711 said:

Hi all,

Reading through this forum and didn't see that anyone actually received a court citation - which I have today for the grand total of £160 (plus 8% annual interest from Oct 2021). 

Any advice welcome!

Is it actually something from a court? Scrub the personal details and post it on http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showforum=60 (probably mention Scotland in the title).

11 hours ago, Euan2711 said:

Hi all,

Reading through this forum and didn't see that anyone actually received a court citation - which I have today for the grand total of £160 (plus 8% annual interest from Oct 2021). 

Any advice welcome!

Depends. What were the circumstances?

20 hours ago, Euan2711 said:

Hi all,

Any advice welcome!

What court?

21 hours ago, Euan2711 said:

Hi all,

Any advice welcome!

Windows open.  Heating full up.

24 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

The big one, the  highest court in the land. The letter will have a big crest with a crown and scales probably.

You can't  ignore that kind of letter.

25 to life for overstaying at Aldi.

Hopes and prayers.

It's a Simple Procedure Notice of Claim.

In answer to "If your claim is successful, what do you want from the respondent?" they respond...

"I want the court to order the respondent to pay me the sum of £160.00. I want the court to order the respondent to pay me interest on that sum at the rate of 8% annually from the last date for service together with the expenses of the claim."

No recollection of parking there (it was Oct 2021).

Going to ask them to send me what they have by submitting a subject access request then decide next action. 

Edited by Euan2711