Parking fines

Horizon parking PCN letter, directly in the bin.
Very odd to finally receive one of these from last Wednesday as I’ve been parking in the same car park for work for months now with no repercussions, so they may have finally turned their cameras back on in advance of retail opening back up.
How many people do you think actually pay these things to make it worth the companies time.
You'd be surprised. This crops up a lot on a local Facebook group and panics dafties into paying these cowboys, they are terrified of nobsensexlike it affecting their credit rating etc. The correct procedure is zero contact or acknowledgement, the debt is effectively written off after 5 years anyway.

You'd be surprised. This crops up a lot on a local Facebook group and panics dafties into paying these cowboys, they are terrified of nobsensexlike it affecting their credit rating etc. The correct procedure is zero contact or acknowledgement, the debt is effectively written off after 5 years anyway.
I actually take pleasure in explaining to folk that fucking these clowns off is the correct procedure.

• 3 weeks later...

After ignoring several letters about an 'offence' on 22nd June 18, and having heard nothing for over a year, we've now received a far more threatening letter from QDR solicitors of Leamington Spa, now asking for £182, and telling us that further ignorance will see them passing the case to their Scottish Legal Partner (their capitalisation, not mine).

Continuing to dingy.

• 4 months later...

Maybe this is better suited for the quick question thread but can a parking charge notice from a private company affect your credit rating? 

I ask because my girlfriend's sent me a letter this morning not impressed after I got one of those horrifying letters when I was using her car for work. After telling her to stop being a fanny and chuck it in the bin she's now moved onto claiming it can affect her credit rating (with 3 exclamation marks!!!) 

Ideally I'd just like someone to point something out to me that I can send her that proves she's wrong. 

11 minutes ago, Louis Litt said:

Maybe this is better suited for the quick question thread but can a parking charge notice from a private company affect your credit rating? 

I ask because my girlfriend's sent me a letter this morning not impressed after I got one of those horrifying letters when I was using her car for work. After telling her to stop being a fanny and chuck it in the bin she's now moved onto claiming it can affect her credit rating (with 3 exclamation marks!!!) 

Ideally I'd just like someone to point something out to me that I can send her that proves she's wrong. 

Just tell her to grass whoever was driving at the time. 

18 minutes ago, Louis Litt said:

She’s talking utter shite. There is NO credit agreement with this organisation and it absolutely cannot affect a credit rating. 

20 minutes ago, Louis Litt said:

https://www.finder.com/uk/parking-tickets-speeding-tickets-credit-score

see link. This cost of pursuing a court action is more than will be recovered for a speeding ticket which is why it doesn’t happen unless there are thousands in charges. 

in Scotland as well there is no trespass law and private organisations can’t impose contracts on people for parking on land. 

it’s a scam.

I have ignored many of these tickets over a period of 15 years. Only a parking ticket issued by a local authority needs to be paid. 

I got a ticket at a private car park (Fountainpark) which I’ve ignored and they’ve now sent me a letter from a debt recovery agency. Assume I’m OK to continue ignoring? 
I've had 4 or 5 over the years from the famous Strothers Lane in Inverness, a couple were referred to a debt recovery mob but nothing since then. f**k them.

1 hour ago, Louis Litt said:

Why is your girlfriend writing you a letter?

19 minutes ago, WeAreElgin said:
1 hour ago, ICTChris said:
I got a ticket at a private car park (Fountainpark) which I’ve ignored and they’ve now sent me a letter from a debt recovery agency. Assume I’m OK to continue ignoring? 

I've had 4 or 5 over the years from the famous Strothers Lane in Inverness, a couple were referred to a debt recovery mob but nothing since then. f**k them.

They are the worst c***s, heard of people driving in, not finding anywhere to park and leaving getting fined.

1 hour ago, Louis Litt said:

No it can't.

1 hour ago, Thorongil said:

https://www.finder.com/uk/parking-tickets-speeding-tickets-credit-score

see link. This cost of pursuing a court action is more than will be recovered for a speeding ticket which is why it doesn’t happen unless there are thousands in charges. 

in Scotland as well there is no trespass law and private organisations can’t impose contracts on people for parking on land.  

The second second bit is completely wrong. There is no criminal offence of trespass in Scotland but there is a delict of trespass.

Private organisations can and do set contracts for parking on private land and the courts enforce these contracts. 

Nobody can impose a contract on anybody but you can enter into a contract through your actions.

Edited by invergowrie arab

1 hour ago, ICTChris said:

On the basis that they have no proof you were the driver, you haven't admitted you were the driver and its a ticket for a single incident get it binned.

17 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

No it can't.

The second second bit is completely wrong. There is no criminal offence of trespass in Scotland but there is a delict of trespass.

Private organisations can and do set contracts for parking on private land and the courts enforce these contracts. 

Nobody can impose a contract on anybody but you can enter into a contract through your actions.

I stand corrected.