Parking fines

16 minutes ago, dundeefc1783 said:

Got a demand through from firm
In Glasgow about one ticket I haven’t paid and £160 is outstanding

Take it advice is still the same ignore them and they will f**k off.

4 minutes ago, energyzone said:
16 minutes ago, dundeefc1783 said:

Yes.

He's wrong, you need to pay it.

1 hour ago, dundeefc1783 said:

Yes, unless it was a Council car park.

I've been reading stories that "keeper liability" is coming in, so you can no longer claim it wasnt you driving to get away with it.

That plus the fact private companies seem to be sticking up a million signs in all their car parks suggest theres a change on the way.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

I've been reading stories that "keeper liability" is coming in, so you can no longer claim it wasnt you driving to get away with it.

That plus the fact private companies seem to be sticking up a million signs in all their car parks suggest theres a change on the way.

https://scottishlegal.com/article/plans-to-make-private-parking-fines-fully-enforceable-in-scotland-under-consideration

Still only at stage one, don't know why they would bring it in it just panders to companies to cheap to invest in barrier at know how long you have been in an if over stayed the free time charge you a reasonable amount.

They have some brass neck to claim that parking in their land has cost them £80 for often a car park in terrible disrepair and that's half empty

• 1 month later...
Guest Moomintroll
I got a parking ticket from some private car park yesterday. Is there an accepted P&B protocol? Pay up and shut up? Ignore it? Go round and smash up their offices with a digger? 
Windows down, heating on full blast.

13 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

I got a parking ticket from some private car park yesterday. Is there an accepted P&B protocol? Pay up and shut up? Ignore it? Go round and smash up their offices with a digger? 

Do all of those things, but when you go round their office cover your face with your cape like The Hooded Claw.

2 minutes ago, KnightswoodBear said:

Do all of those things, but when you go round their office cover your face with your cape like The Hooded Claw.

I've not opened it yet as I can see myself going a bit Fathers for Justice.

25 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

I've not opened it yet as I can see myself going a bit Fathers for Justice.

Worth checking if you're identifiable as the driver of the car in the photo, might make them slightly more likely to pursue it if you are. 

Got a ticket for parking a wee mini bus in George St in Edinburgh. Apparently you can't but there is nothing on the signs in the street saying this and the issue was not that I had parked outside the painted lines. When I questioned it, I was told that I should have checked the fuller version of the parking regulations. Wankers. I just paid the £30 as I had borrowed the bus.

Is there any way I can get the road outside my house designated a pay-and-display parking space so that the cretins visiting the old folks' home across the road have to pay me for the privilege?