League Table Prediction 2015/2016

What conclusion was that?

Depends what the PT player is being paid, as I said some of our players have gone to PT teams in a lower division and are on more than they were at Livi.

This one...

Our budget last season was prob lower than yours.

I just can't for the life of me see that being the case. There would be absolutely no logical reason for Livi to stay full-time if they were offering wages lower than us/Alloa other than to create the illusion that they're a big team.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some of our players were doing delivery jobs and car washeing, doubt they were doing that because they were being paid well.

Some? All of our players do jobs like that in the real world. The argument wasn't that Livi players were paid handsome amounts of money, the argument is that, even if it is only an extra £50/£100 p/p p/w. Livingston have/are run on a bigger budget than Dumbarton.

Was going to head to UK from NZ for Xmas. Morton play sevco the day I arrive (12/12) and the day before I depart 24/1. Now whats the chances of these games being played on the day they have been scheduled? If the dates of the games are to be changed when does that normally occur? From last year I see most games at Ibrox were at a Saturday at 3pm. Are they more likely to change the game at Cappielow? I can move my flights a day either way.

I'm not sure where St Mirren and Morton will fit into the equation, and Dumbarton appear to have signed well so far even if goals may still be an issue. Otherwise it's hard to see it not being relatively similar to last year.

Rangers and Hibs will be the top two with Rangers likely winners just because of resources but if the Warburton / Weir combination doesn't work out Hibs could win it.

Alloa have a lot to do to avoid bottom at this stage and Dumbarton and Livi are likely to be the two above in whatever order though if Dumbarton do get a regular goalscorer they might push into mid-table. I imagine ourselves, Falkirk and Raith will all be mid-table again. We've had far more squad change than the other two although Raith have a new manager and Falkirk have lost their best forward and their goalkeeper. Those three could finish in any order.

Difficult to say where St Mirren will be with a new manager and a lot of player change but they are a relatively big club and should be at least in that group if not looking at outright 3rd. I have no idea where Morton fit in. They didn't exactly canter to the League One title but champions can never be underestimated and they are presumably still full time. They'll probably fit into the middle group somewhere too.

Was going to head to UK from NZ for Xmas. Morton play sevco the day I arrive (12/12) and the day before I depart 24/1. Now whats the chances of these games being played on the day they have been scheduled? If the dates of the games are to be changed when does that normally occur? From last year I see most games at Ibrox were at a Saturday at 3pm. Are they more likely to change the game at Cappielow? I can move my flights a day either way.

It's reasonably unlikely a Rangers home game v Morton will be moved for tv. I think their only home league games covered last year were v Hibs and Hearts. Alba's contract excludes Rangers games and BT / Sky are far more likely to want to cover them away from home. Fair to middling chance Cappielow games may be moved but you won't know that until much nearer the time and it may depend where you are in the table. I think all six of their away games at QoS. Falkirk and Raith were covered last season but with no doubt 1 or 2 exceptions, not the ones away to the bottom sides.

I'm not sure where St Mirren and Morton will fit into the equation, and Dumbarton appear to have signed well so far even if goals may still be an issue. Otherwise it's hard to see it not being relatively similar to last year.

Rangers and Hibs will be the top two with Rangers likely winners just because of resources but if the Warburton / Weir combination doesn't work out Hibs could win it.

Alloa have a lot to do to avoid bottom at this stage and Dumbarton and Livi are likely to be the two above in whatever order though if Dumbarton do get a regular goalscorer they might push into mid-table. I imagine ourselves, Falkirk and Raith will all be mid-table again. We've had far more squad change than the other two although Raith have a new manager and Falkirk have lost their best forward and their goalkeeper. Those three could finish in any order.

Difficult to say where St Mirren will be with a new manager and a lot of player change but they are a relatively big club and should be at least in that group if not looking at outright 3rd. I have no idea where Morton fit in. They didn't exactly canter to the League One title but champions can never be underestimated and they are presumably still full time. They'll probably fit into the middle group somewhere too.

A perfect summation of the coming season. It will hold no surprises

Not that it changes your analysis in any material way, but the Rovers have had considerable squad change as well with the new manager, with 10 out, including two of our three centre backs, three out of four central midfielders, two of our three recognised, regular wide midfielders from last year and two of our four strikers from last year.

1. Rangers

2. Bottle FC

3. St. Mirren

4. Falkirk

5. Queens

6. Raith

7. Livingston

8. Morten

9. Dumbarton

10. Alloa

To be fair, you cant really call any team bottle merchants..

You were in the playoff final against the second worst team in the league above..

A large part of your support were trying to claim that you'd would win 4 in a row..

Yet you go and get horsed 6-1 over too legs..

Rangers have officially taken that title away from Hibs..

You were in the playoff final against the second worst team in the league above..

A large part of your support were trying to claim that you'd would win 4 in a row..

Hibs lost to us.

Nobody said the 4 titles in a row seriously.

This one...

I just can't for the life of me see that being the case. There would be absolutely no logical reason for Livi to stay full-time if they were offering wages lower than us/Alloa other than to create the illusion that they're a big team.

Didn't say we were, I said prob. It is you that is concluding we def weren't, neither of us can know for sure as we don't have the figures.

Some? All of our players do jobs like that in the real world. The argument wasn't that Livi players were paid handsome amounts of money, the argument is that, even if it is only an extra £50/£100 p/p p/w. Livingston have/are run on a bigger budget than Dumbarton.

I'm not arguing about anything, it's you Dumbarton fans that are getting in a tiz about it. Merely stating that just because a player is PT doesn't mean he's paid less than a low paid FT player and I know for certain that some Livi players have gone to PT lower league teams and been paid more than they were at Livi and can't see Dumbarton paying less than Stirling Albion.

Rangers and hibs top two. Falkirk probably next. St mirren won't be up to much and queens are signing low quality compared to last year. Alloa and Morton will easily be bottom two. Not sure about the rest. That leaves Dumbarton high rollers, raith and livi much of a muchness

Didn't say we were, I said prob. It is you that is concluding we def weren't, neither of us can know for sure as we don't have the figures.

I'm not arguing about anything, it's you Dumbarton fans that are getting in a tiz about it. Merely stating that just because a player is PT doesn't mean he's paid less than a low paid FT player and I know for certain that some Livi players have gone to PT lower league teams and been paid more than they were at Livi and can't see Dumbarton paying less than Stirling Albion.

Why are Livi full time if they can't pay the same as Stirling Albion?

Don't talk shite if you were lowest paid team in the league the likes of Buchanan wouldn't go to you as they could get more staying part time. Livi would not stay full time if they were paying less than part time teams it would be a waste for them

Indeed.

Sevco are probably the only team in Scotland who could out Hibs, Hibs.

Lest we also forgot the three(3) humiliating failures in the diddy cup and also their bête noire Dundee United destroying them twice in the Scottish.

Oh but I can.

Hibs are the biggest bottle merchants in the history of football.

See easy.

Nah, given disparity in resources and expenditure, what Rangers have done in three successive Challenge Cup competitions, as well as in this year's play-off final, means that nobody - not even Hibs - can compete with them in the bottling field.

Nonsense, if this was true then Hibs a team that every man and his dug on this forum were declaring to be a better team would have beaten us, they didn't, the bottled it.

A tired poor Rangers team lost to better opposition, that was all.

You do realise that the bookies had the semi-finals pretty much a 50/50 right? But when we lose it's bottling, and when you get slaughtered 6-1 off a team you were heavy favourites to beat over the 2 legs it's because you were tired. Fucking topper :lol:

Nonsense, if this was true then Hibs a team that every man and his dug on this forum were declaring to be a better team would have beaten us, they didn't, the bottled it.

A tired poor Rangers team lost to better opposition, that was all.

Absolutely bottled the final, no two ways about it.

Nice to see you still hurting, though.

Archived