Rangers national embarrassment

Rangers national embarrassment ?????  

195 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To the rest of the UK they are actually an irrelevance rather than a disgrace, nobody south of Carlisle gives a damn about Rangers. The English versions of the newspapers rarely mention them

Afraid to say old bean thats Scottish football as a whole.

Anyone want to take a guess on who entropy really is?

I have seen a few folk mentioning Densbhoy, total obsession with Rangers right enough, but for me he was more your subtle type of roaster.

Personally I am going for weeHectorPar.

Bennett.

Interestingly for those who voted no in this poll .

In your somewhat deluded opinion what is the biggest embarrassment in Scottish football history.

The answer is:- Scottish football in its entirety. It is corrupt from the top down. Scotland's football journalists come second; they hear all the rumours before the rest of us do. They could have, at the very least, made a small effort to tell us the truth about what was going on at Ibrox. A hint as to the wise may not have averted the meltdown, but it could have softened the blow. But no, they kept silent, because, in order to keep their place on their profession's slippery pole, they allowed themselves to become part of the corruption.

Don't get me wrong. I really enjoy laughing at Rangers. The downfall of the pompous bigots who once thought themselves so superior to the rest of us that they could do whatever they wanted, should be laughed at, loudly and often. But I don't want Rangers to die. I don't want any Scottish club to die. Get rid of the bigots, yes. But not all Rangers fans are bigots. There are some genuine fans who feel betrayed by both their club and the authorities which were supposed to police and criticise the Scottish game.

No, the biggest National Embarrassment is still there, lording over us, feeling smug for another season, making whimsical rules, and dealing their unreported deals. And Scottish football will stay a laughing-stock in Europe until we take action to clean out the filth.

All joking apart the 'culture' that supports and feeds the coffers of Rangers is actually the greatest embarrassment not just in Scottish football but Scottish society.

I know decent Rangers fans so I know they exist but I just cannot fathom how they can support a club that doesn't just have a rogue element but is actually based on and around religious bigotry, 17th century politics, an incredible sense of mistaken superiority, violent paranoia and when you get down to the nub of it a backwards reductive hatred for anyone that does not fall within very outdated confines.

Rangers are the one club in Scottish football that I'd gladly see go out of business because as far as I can see it is a rotten institution that props up a world view and way of life that really ought to be extinct in any modern, forward looking, diverse, egalitarian nation.

I have seen a few folk mentioning Densbhoy, total obsession with Rangers right enough, but for me he was more your subtle type of roaster.

Nope no other name.

All joking apart the 'culture' that supports and feeds the coffers of Rangers is actually the greatest embarrassment not just in Scottish football but Scottish society.

I know decent Rangers fans so I know they exist but I just cannot fathom how they can support a club that doesn't just have a rogue element but is actually based on and around religious bigotry, 17th century politics, an incredible sense of mistaken superiority, violent paranoia and when you get down to the nub of it a backwards reductive hatred for anyone that does not fall within very outdated confines.

Rangers are the one club in Scottish football that I'd gladly see go out of business because as far as I can see it is a rotten institution that props up a world view and way of life that really ought to be extinct in any modern, forward looking, diverse, egalitarian nation.

All of this

The answer is:- Scottish football in its entirety. It is corrupt from the top down. Scotland's football journalists come second; they hear all the rumours before the rest of us do. They could have, at the very least, made a small effort to tell us the truth about what was going on at Ibrox. A hint as to the wise may not have averted the meltdown, but it could have softened the blow. But no, they kept silent, because, in order to keep their place on their profession's slippery pole, they allowed themselves to become part of the corruption.

Don't get me wrong. I really enjoy laughing at Rangers. The downfall of the pompous bigots who once thought themselves so superior to the rest of us that they could do whatever they wanted, should be laughed at, loudly and often. But I don't want Rangers to die. I don't want any Scottish club to die. Get rid of the bigots, yes. But not all Rangers fans are bigots. There are some genuine fans who feel betrayed by both their club and the authorities which were supposed to police and criticise the Scottish game.

No, the biggest National Embarrassment is still there, lording over us, feeling smug for another season, making whimsical rules, and dealing their unreported deals. And Scottish football will stay a laughing-stock in Europe until we take action to clean out the filth.

Most of this, but I can't help thinking (and I include some of my own good friends in this) of the old proverb "if you weren't with the crows, we wouldn't of thought you were total c***s."

That's a good shout actually.

I don't think he's Densbhoy either.

I'm pretty sure that Wee Hector implied I was in fact, too Rangers friendly at one point as well.

I need to see a thoroughly spectacular heads gone moment to be convinced though.

That's a good shout actually.

I don't think he's Densbhoy either.

I'm pretty sure that Wee Hector implied I was in fact, too Rangers friendly at one point as well.

I need to see a thoroughly spectacular heads gone moment to be convinced though.

Clearly not a good shout as it is not me .

Again I have one and only name.

The names being mentioned I take it are banned from this forum .

Clearly not a good shout as it is not me .

Again I have one and only name.

The names being mentioned I take it are banned from this forum .

You know fine well you were banned but yet you make a new account. Tut tut embarrassing

You know fine well you were banned but yet you make a new account. Tut tut embarrassing

Unbelievable really I am not banned.Never have been banned and frankly find it quite poor on their part.

Seems some people on this forum have difficulty with comprehension.

I am a new member of this forum.

Unbelievable really I am not banned.Never have been banned and frankly find it quite poor on their part.

A new member who has been banned on previous accounts.

giphy.gif

Archived