Wimbledon & the grass court season 2015

Widge

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Murray v Verdasco will be the 2nd match on court tomorrow.

CENTRE COURT STARTS AT 12:30 PM

Gilles Muller Vs Grigor Dimitrov

Andy Murray Vs Fernando Verdasco

John Isner Vs Feliciano Lopez

Marin Cilic Vs Viktor Troicki

Watched Muller earlier, he is serving terrifically well.

Yeah he's a very good server. Unfortunately he's up against a guy who's possibly the second best ever returner in the game. Who has a game made for destroying lefties. The wide swing serve in the Ad court doesn't bother Murray since his backhand is pretty much infallible at times. Plus he's quick enough to get back in the court if he's pushed wide.

Still it'll be a good match, I'd say possibly his easiest of the 3 so far in terms of match up.

He'll be bitterly disappointed if he doesn't win it, especially given the fact the top players got emptied early doors. Nice confidence boost ahead of Wimbledon, and given he gets a kind draw (aka Federer's half), you'd expect him to make the final. Got to be honest though and say I can't see past Djokovic for the title.

I'd fancy Murray to beat Djokovic again on grass tbh, possibly even relatively comfortably.

I wouldn't fancy Murray to beat Djokovic on any surface in all honesty. Djokovic seems to have some mental hold over him. But grass definitely represents his best chance to do so.

I'd fancy Murray to beat Djokovic again on grass tbh, possibly even relatively comfortably.

Murray has won both their matches on grass and also yet to lose a set.

2012 Olympic Semi-Final 7-5 7-5

2013 Wimbledon Final 6-4 7-5 6-4

If Murray was to play him at Wimbledon I would back Murray to win.

Same. Perhaps not comfortably, but expect him to get the job done if and when they meet.

Would put a bit of pressure on Novak going into Flushing Meadows if he's only got 1 slam this season at that point, given his superior form so far.

Troicki beat Isner which is good because I really can't be arsed with serving robots. Murray has a great record against him too.

Hopefully Simon beats Anderson in the other semi-final.

Archived