Be'Jesus you dont wanna finish bottom in Div 2 this season

Still reads like that's exactly what you're saying TBH.

Anyone can rocket up the leagues with a sugar daddy; it's meaningless, and the equivalent of buying some trophies from the local shop. When they inevitably pull the plug, you'll lose your club company club and the newbies enjoying the "great journey" will disappear when it's time to try starting again.

Might want to try encouraging the board to try investing in the future instead of using the club as a vanity project.

Oh but they are! They run a really fantastic youth set up with several different age groups as well as outreach projects well beyond the hinterland of Brora. Great links also with Ross County with whom early day similarities can be drawn and Roy McGregor seems to have stuck around for the ride. I have no fears for the future of Brora Rangers regardless where they end up.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh but they are! They run a really fantastic youth set up with several different age groups as well as outreach projects well beyond the hinterland of Brora. Great links also with Ross County with whom early day similarities can be drawn and Roy McGregor seems to have stuck around for the ride. I have no fears for the future of Brora Rangers regardless where they end up.

It wasn't youth projects I was thinking of, more setting money aside to cover the shortfall when the gravy train ends.

Time will tell how well the club has been provided for, I suppose, but the lesson from Gretna is that the fans should be asking questions about what happens if the subsidies stop tomorrow.

Allegedly their wage bill for the coming season will be greater than most if not all Championship clubs

Wonder if we will still have zoomers coming on here claiming the club is living within its means and not financially doped.

At least when sevco have another season of fail they can take comfort from only having the third highest wage bill in Scotland this time!

BE'JESUS indeed

Nothing against Brora particularly, and most of their fans were nice enough over the two playoff games, but impossible to ignore the elephant in the room marked 'financial doping'. Enjoy the ride while it lasts....

Richard Brittain could easily gone to another Premership side or any championship team,so signing for Brora Rangers was a right coup. True the proof will be at the end of next season but Be'Jesus you don't wannna finish bottom of Div 2 this season.

Far too many unexplained events in last seasons play offs but absolutely no mixed messages this coming year and 100% focus by all players towards an SPFL place.

I think we sometimes forget just what a stella journey Gretna had in Scottish football. Surely it was better to have had and lost than not to have had at all. Lest we forget Gretna failed because of the sad illness of their benefactor and whilst it led to their demise they are not alone in the ranks of professional game to have suffered this fate.Gretna worked their way up winning divisions and did they not reach a Cup Final? -Probably achieved more than many many many clubs will ever do. Who know there may be life left in the old dog yet via Gretna 2008-lets hope so.

This is the biggest load of mince I've seen, since watching Brora's "performance" at Links Park.

I think we sometimes forget just what a stella journey Gretna had in Scottish football. Surely it was better to have had and lost than not to have had at all. Lest we forget Gretna failed because of the sad illness of their benefactor and whilst it led to their demise they are not alone in the ranks of professional game to have suffered this fate.Gretna worked their way up winning divisions and did they not reach a Cup Final? -Probably achieved more than many many many clubs will ever do. Who know there may be life left in the old dog yet via Gretna 2008-lets hope so.

Gretna failed because they were a completely unsustainable project based on one mans money. Thats what led to their demise so we can dispense the sentimental b.s.

They 'worked' their way up the divisions as you put it by throwing around cash to outmuscle their opponents, displacing many much better run clubs living within their means.

They got exactly what they deserved and im not sure what else they expected tbh. Glad they club reformed for the genuine fans and they have found their natural level within the game.

Have absolutely no-time for big spending village teams clogging up the spfl so brora hopefully will go bust soon and brora 2016 can go back to the arse end of the highland league where they belong.

Note the 'they' in place of 'we'. Just what the game needs....more tourists.

I remember when a guy tried to argue with me on Facebook that Brora Rangers were about the same level as Queens of the South.

They are quite clearly the most over-rated diddy team in the country.

No not at all and I did not say that. Financial prudence and risk management is critical but that should not act as a counterweight against ambition.Having been bottom 3 in the Highland League for 50+ years I think its wonderful that such a tiny village team can ascend and take the HFL limelight away from Aberdeenshire. I dont live anyway near Brora but I enjoy watching them and its great to be a small part of a great journey.

You're right. It's a fairy tale.

Fans of the HL are deluded beyond belief about the perceived strength of the teams up there. With Brora obvioisly being the fucking worst for it. How many times have we been told over the last few years that they'd give Championship teams a run for their money? Last year Brora, this unstoppable force of nature, were elevated to a god-like status by the diddies on the HL board and they were absolutely scudded by Montrose ffs. MONTROSE :lol:

I think the people of Brora and those running their fabled Highlacticos need their priorities sorting out. No shops open on a Saturday, yet an alleged budget of over £350,000 if BareBack is to be believed. You'll be on a Unicef advert shortly, BB.

Oops....i stand corrected. forgot about Rangers and Hibs being in the Championship-Apologies. As for your other 3 my three,my comments stand.

Absolute shite. They've all got full time jobs outside football apart from a couple of students. Jobs in the oil industry is the attraction, not the football wages.

I think all this bile about Brora Rangers is uncalled for. Nobody has said anything other than they will will the Highland league and the Pyramid play off this coming season. After that time will tell.

We are seeing some rather silly posts aimed at the tiny Sutherland Village which has not seen such notoriety since the Highland Clearances.

Football can only live for the moment and most clubs in Britain have a benefactor. In that respect Brora are no different to anyone else,and I doubt that too many SPFL or HL clubs would turn away such kindness. A lot of building from the bottom upwards planned and future development will be incremental and for heritage.

Football clubs cannot survive on gate receipts and SPFL payouts. All Directors have to put their hands into their pockets and I guess Brora are lucky as they have one (possible another couple) who are willing to do so. There is nothing grand or honorable in being vanilla decade in decade out and pretending that this puts your club on some moral high ground whilst harboring the ambitions of an Olive!.

If Ben McKay ceased his generosity towards Brora,then they would continue and maybe find a lesser level in the HL than at present. However its the same in most places and life goes on. Formartine Utd and Turriff are equally big spenders and in the case of the latter have developed a really good stadium-I expect a lot from them in years to come.

For now all Brora can do is look forward to another successful season and those in SPFL I'm sure will keep a weather eye on the HL results as Be'Jesus you don't wannna finish bottom of Div 2 this season.

Archived