What's the most amount of money you've found?

Hibs will be spending only £50k of my £2M

Probably a smart move. Won't have to worry about Hibs'ing promotion again this season with a budget like that.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The plates are disgusting i agree, we got them from the mother in law when we were moving into this flat. I wasn't happy about them and didn't mind spending about 20 quid on a dinner set but they slid down the list of priorities and i don't really care about them anymore. The mother in law also gave us light shades which at the time i didn't like but once you've been lving in a place for a year and a half you stop really caring, ken?

Throbber, PM me all your bank details and I will sort you out with plate money :) just remember to include your mothers maiden name so I know it's definitely you.

When I was across in killarney I went to the toilet in the outlet centre and as I closed the cubicle door noticed this huge thick wallet on top of the toilet roll dispenser. I looked in it and it was packed with €100 notes. Must have been about €5000 at least. I walked back out the cubicle and this fat red faced American came bursting into the toilet looked at me, grabbed the wallet and frantically looked through it then stormed out without saying a word to me. Not a thanks and the look he gave me was as if I had stolen it! Utter c**t!

I was on a family holiday to some shitey caravan site in England when I was about 7 and had left my wallet in the arcade. It had every penny I owned in the world, a whole £15, and I was devastated! The next day a man chapped our door and handed the wallet back to me. No idea how he found out it was me who had lost it, we'll I can't remember anyway, so my mum took me to buy him chocolates. I'll never forget how it felt to have lost it so have always handed money in whenever I have found it.

In other words I'm a good c**t and half the posters on this thread aren't! !

Once found £25 on the pavement outside Olorosso in Edinburgh when I was a lad. Spent it on beer, then got home later on to hear that my Mum had lost £25 after having been at Olorosso all night. Strange world... strange world.

Morrisons self check-out, paid for my shopping and as I looked down to get my change, some coins due back noticed a £20 in the notes back bit,

assume someone had done cashback and forgot... pocketed.

Cash machine walked up and £30 sticking out and no-one around......pocketed.

Not found money but;

Going to bookies (William Hill), was a doubles, trebles, fourfold coupon and part had come up, and had a losing line of about 9games.

Knew I was due approx £80 back for my £16. In early and she says I don't have enough to pay you,

manager not in yet can you come back in an hour or so. Seemed odd but said OK.

Nipped back later, handed over coupon, never said a word, was handed £421.85...pocketed and not back to that Hills for a while.

They paid the losing line too, back in the days when your coupon receipt was the copy one from underneath and not just all scanned

and computerised. And as it was a bookies just thought f**k them.

Money in a wallet with identification or in a bank machine that will give the money back to the rightful owner should never be taken by anybody who has any self respect. Horrendous, jakeball behaviour.

Green dotted your post pal because a) I agree with you and b) we share a birthday

I've had the pleasure of finding a couple of tenners in self service checkouts in asda and morrisons

think the most I found was about £15 in pound notes blowing around in a covered area of the old shopping precinct in the ardler scheme in dundee around 1978 ,handed it into the police and that evening a neighbour came round with a fiver for me for being so honest!!

Yeah...I don't think keeping the money when the bookies, of all people, make a mistake is exactly shameful.

As has been said, if you can't read the coupon correctly when you're handing over hundreds of pounds, then you probably shouldn't be in that job anyway.

Mistakes happen, I'd certainly not get someone in serious trouble for a mistake they've made, but then again I'm not a Tory voting scumbag who puts my own short term gratification above someone's livelihood.

I'm an SNP-voting scumbag, FYI.

I'm an SNP-voting scumbag, FYI.

You'll be a Tartan Tory-voting scumbag, then :ph34r:

Surely a Tory voter would hand the money back to William Hill so that their business wasn't damaged by the actions of one working class chav on the till? :huh:

Erm, no. Your classic Tory voter puts their own personal wealth above almost everything else. Especially a 'working class chav' and their families ability to live a life above the breadline.

Shocking hypocrisy. I, for one, will not be giving the Conservatives my vote next year.

Nail on head from TSAC, anyone who takes money from a cashline that someone forgot to lift or money from a wallet that has their ID in it is genuinely the lowest of the low and I'm not lying when I say I hope someone breaks into your house on Christmas day and steals your childrens/grandchildrens presents.

Nail on head from TSAC, anyone who takes money from a cashline that someone forgot to lift or money from a wallet that has their ID in it is genuinely the lowest of the low and I'm not lying when I say I hope someone breaks into your house on Christmas day and steals your childrens/grandchildrens presents.

Not quite the lowest of the low, surely. I'd have thought pickpockets would rank slightly lower. We should start a list.

1. P&B Posters.

2. Folk who keep property when they know they could return it.

3. Pickpockets.

4. Paedophiles.

5. Murderers.

I may have missed a few there. Nothing important, I'm sure.

Archived