Pollok v Talbot

Shaws88

Are Lok struggling for a team as well?

LADESIDE

6 out, 3 would have defo started and the other 3 would have started behind those 3. Had a few Pollok u21s playing. Hopefully have some more back for Saturday but the players did well tonight.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Half right mate

Was at the Vale when Del played

You pumped us that day & he said that it would take a lot more than him to keep us up & he was bang on the money

LADESIDE

it wasn't at the vale it was up at petershill. Thought it was a bit of a bad decision to give a guy of that age a trial on that surface.

Half right mate

You pumped us that day & he said that it would take a lot more than him to keep us up & he was bang on the money

LADESIDE

Come in agent mculloch your job was done that day up at peasy :)

Seriously though I was well pissed off that del turned out for ladeside that day after all he achieved as a Beith juniors legend . :(

Half right mate

LADESIDE

nope was at Petershill that game mate..We stayed in the bar full game

Great game for a fiver. The Pollok goalie pulled off three outstanding second half saves while big Andy made a class stop near the end. The penalty we missed was never a penalty while the Pollok penalty was classed as dubious as well. After going down to 10 men and down 2-1 we upped the ante when Hyslop was moved to centre back and Latta moved to centre midfield. Napier the referee was his usual twattish self.

Entertaining game in great conditions. 4 goals, a red card and a penalty shoot - out. Longmuir MOTM with some stunning saves.

Didn't really see either penalty but both dubious.

Utter stupidity from McCulloch. A guy with his experience should know better.

Good luck to Pollok in the final - looking forward to it.

Disappointed Tucker Sloan never came on.

Great game, If del stays on the park We win the game, pollok keeper with some outstanding saves, thoroughly enjoy the match, didn't think pollok had many missing jack ? Only no6 I didn't recognise, the rest play regularly I was told, we were missing plenty players if full strength would have been 4 or 5 eeka peeka

Great game, If del stays on the park We win the game, pollok keeper with some outstanding saves, thoroughly enjoy the match, didn't think pollok had many missing jack ? Only no6 I didn't recognise, the rest play regularly I was told, we were missing plenty players if full strength would have been 4 or 5 eeka peeka

First choice CB, both LBs, first and third choice CM, second choice RM. Far from full strength Pollok against far from full strength Talbot, the days of you taking 4 off us are at an end I hope, see how Pollok go into next season.

And lets be fair, Spence, Latta, Shankland are hardly second rate players.

That was one of the most entertaining games I have seen all season and, although it's already been said, it had everything. Penalties, a sending off, great goalkeeping, some strange decisions and a great crowd, and all for £5?

Well done to both sides.

Easy to be philosophical after a defeat when your club has just won the big double, there was a sense of no great expectancy among the Talbot faithful given half the team were away and the rest were celebrating good style on Monday with the rest of us. But the team selected played well enough last night to win, but for a 15 minute spell after Pollok's equalizer and the sending off when Lok looked like running riot. It was a splendid advert for our grade, fabulously entertaining game, played in front of a big crowd in a venue that is still one of the best in our grade despite perhaps needing a bit of TLC. It appears that it was not only Talbot that were under strength and Pollok had selection problems, therefore good result for the Lok. Have to say that Pollok keepers have a habit of turning in MOM displays against Talbot, see that tradition is still alive and well, the two stops in the dying seconds were quite exceptional, add a penalty save during the ninety and two in the shoot out and you have the man of the match by a mile. I for one am glad to be visiting this venue in league business again next season where I expect a tough game!

Easy to be philosophical after a defeat when your club has just won the big double, there was a sense of no great expectancy among the Talbot faithful given half the team were away and the rest were celebrating good style on Monday with the rest of us. But the team selected played well enough last night to win, but for a 15 minute spell after Pollok's equalizer and the sending off when Lok looked like running riot. It was a splendid advert for our grade, fabulously entertaining game, played in front of a big crowd in a venue that is still one of the best in our grade despite perhaps needing a bit of TLC. It appears that it was not only Talbot that were under strength and Pollok had selection problems, therefore good result for the Lok. Have to say that Pollok keepers have a habit of turning in MOM displays against Talbot, see that tradition is still alive and well, the two stops in the dying seconds were quite exceptional, add a penalty save during the ninety and two in the shoot out and you have the man of the match by a mile. I for one am glad to be visiting this venue in league business again next season where I expect a tough game!

It was all of that,Isa,and it's a while since I've seen a game with the levels of skill,passion,and commitment that were on show last night.

Just hard to see how they're gonny top that in Saturday's final. :(

Anyhoo,with apologies to Willie S ...........

And punters in the West who are now a-bed

Shall think themselves accurs'd that they were not there

And hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks

That watched with us that gemme on Wednesday.

:)

Jack can u name players instead of positions? I was told at the game that only the pollok no 6 wasn't a regular starter? Is that not the case ? Good luck in the final and once again enjoyed my visit to Pollok, scoreline apart, and I look forward to returning on league business next season eeka peeka

Jack can u name players instead of positions? I was told at the game that only the pollok no 6 wasn't a regular starter? Is that not the case ? Good luck in the final and once again enjoyed my visit to Pollok, scoreline apart, and I look forward to returning on league business next season eeka peeka

#3 McLennan has not been a regular starter, nor has #4 Wild.

Archived