William Hill Scottish Cup

Craigyboy

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Watched the clip of Threave Rovers v Stirling Uni, and there sounded like there were no Stirling fans there at all when they scored. How many do they get to home games?

Some parents and a few groups of the players friends usually. There's usually about 70/80 when WW visit I guess a bit lower for the poorer supported teams like Edinburgh City and Spartans etc

No when yer sitting on a bench ye canny ;) A lot of fitba to be played yet.

Wick will be dangerous again on Saturday for sure.

Saying that what a massive difference in playing surfaces it will be.

Ferguson Park tiny compared to the undulations of Harmsworth Park.

I couldn't work oot the contours of it,credit to their groundsman for having it in excellent condition though it made the old City Park look flat :D

why have centre forwards on the bench if u dont play them then ?

Keanes no chance o playing and is a left back no a centre forward !!

I went to Stirling Uni v BSC Glasgow in March and was slightly surprised to find the crowd around the 80 mark.

With neither having much indigenous support and it being uni holiday time I hadn't expected as many, plus as I discovered BSCG had a SYFA SF.

On arrival I could barely find a parking space and for a moment imagined a teeming stand... I think it was a martial arts event in the sports centre :lol:!!

I imagine the unis carry next to no travelling support beyond committee, players and family - other than perhaps in the city or for inter-uni matches.

That said I was at Threave v Edinburgh Uni (groundhop) and there were a few away fans dotted around.

It seems to take a big occasion to turn-out a university crowd, e.g. Cowdenbeath v Edinburgh Uni in Scottish Cup, or opening of New East Peffermill.

It seems to take a big occasion to turn-out a university crowd, e.g. Cowdenbeath v Edinburgh Uni in Scottish Cup, or opening of New East Peffermill.

Very true. We played Uni in a cup final in the Pans some years ago and our supporters were well outnumbered. And outshouted once the Uni supporters had realised theirs were the players in green.

No when yer sitting on a bench ye canny ;)
why have centre forwards on the bench if u dont play them then ?Keanes no chance o playing and is a left back no a centre forward !!
If you actually read my post I was agreeing with ye. Where did I say Keane was a centre forward ? I'm sure wi the injury doubts the lad you/we are referring to will have a part to play on Saturday. In Grant we trust but nae need to be so angry man :P

Inverurie Loco Works v Edinburgh University

Nairn County v Whitehill Welfare / Wick Academy

Cumbernauld Colts v Auchinleck Talbot / BSC Glasgow

University of Stirling v Queen's Park

Turriff Utd v Fraserburgh

Edinburgh City v Buckie Thistle

Formartine Utd v Clyde

Elgin City v Spartans

East Kilbride v Forres Mechanics

Brora Rangers v Arbroath

Annan Athletic v Berwick Rangers

East Fife v Stirling Albion

Huntly v East Stirlingshire

Lothian Thistle HV v Montrose

Clachnacuddin v Linlithgow Rose

Fort WIlliam v Cove Rangers

Tough ties for the unis, Spartans, and Whitehill if they progress... decent ties for EK and Edinburgh City.

if WW progress that's a shocker away up north again

For the treasurer aye but no the fans :D defo hope Wick not underestimated Saturday as felt they were just edging it on points Saturday :o . it'll be very hard game for the lads that's for sure.

Mon the welfarrrrrrre!!!

We've played Buckie a few times over the last decade- they're beginning to become familiar to us! For once I'm glad it's a home time though.

Nae luck Whitehill- another looooong trip if you get through. And for Mo fans going to Saughton Enclosure: take a brolly!

We've played Buckie a few times over the last decade- they're beginning to become familiar to us! For once I'm glad it's a home time though.

Nae luck Whitehill- another looooong trip if you get through. And for Mo fans going to Saughton Enclosure: take a brolly!

Nairn's not bad, just 10 minutes from Inverness and the ground's next door to the station. Better drinking in Inverness imo.

Archived