Hamilton FC 2004s looking for players with boys club experience

acciesfc1874

Guys I think everyone is getting a bit carried away. I have been doing this for almost 7 years and in my experience it's not good for a kid to come into a team where all the boys are of a similar standard. To me it puts them at a disadvantage. I'm all for every kid in scotland playing football but kids always seem to find it more enjoyable when they are in a team with other kids with similar abilities.

Guys I think everyone is getting a bit carried away. I have been doing this for almost 7 years and in my experience it's not good for a kid to come into a team where all the boys are of a similar standard. To me it puts them at a disadvantage. I'm all for every kid in scotland playing football but kids always seem to find it more enjoyable when they are in a team with other kids with similar abilities.

But how are they at a disadvantage? Because a coach will pick the better players at that age which is the real problem, how can a kid improve with nowhere to go?

• 2 weeks later...

Guys like you should never be involved with kids football if that's your attitude to development of young kids

Isn't it better to have kids playing with other kids of a similar ability so they can get touches of the ball? Surely if they are playing with players who are significantly better than them they don't see as much of the ball and can't develop as much. Why is that point of view wrong? I have no experience as a coach btw and am just interested in what people think.

Isn't it better to have kids playing with other kids of a similar ability so they can get touches of the ball? Surely if they are playing with players who are significantly better than them they don't see as much of the ball and can't develop as much. Why is that point of view wrong? I have no experience as a coach btw and am just interested in what people think.
hiya alias, hiya pal. Surely you don't advertise for experienced players at 10/11 years old now piss aff

Dave1975 that is exactly my point. In lots of other sports this is also the case. Kids are not silly, I can give you a good example. Two boys came to our team a few weeks ago. They trained with us for a couple of weeks and then their dad messaged us to say he didn't think his boys were at the same level as boys in our team so he was going to try and find another team. He wished us all the best as did we. I will say again experience is the wrong word.

Archived