Camelon Juniors 2015/16

Delboy C.J.F.C

Very entertaining game Camelon look very good going forward and missed a few good chances . A think there problem this season will be keeping the goals out at the other end

A centre halfs a priority and until then percevere with Andy Grant and Stevie G at centre half instead of chopping and changing.

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After the first half yesterday I'd expect Andy Grant to play left wing on Wednesday, still cant believe how they lined up :wacko:

Best performance last night Eammon for fitting in at centre back and bossing Sauchie

Yeah i thought that but its hard to tell watching it on tv than at the game. I thought we did well in the game yes we were lucky to get away with not conceding a penalty but we did the job. Some sauchie fans are so bitter as on there facebook.Thought the Rose used to be bad.

You lot are impossible to predict. I know you generally have Sauchie on the mantlepiece, but losing at home to the bowfers !

Any thoughts on what sort of team will show up at the caniepart tomorrow ?

Camelon 3 - Bonnyrigg 3

Ho hum ho hum!

Bonnyrigg started well, they play a lot of tippy tappy stuff and the big Number 9 missed a golden opportunity to put them one up but he sclaffed it straight at the keeper when through one on one. Home keeper pulled off a great save as well to tip a rasper over the top.

Against the run of play the Mariners went one up when Glasgow slotted home from the left of the box and then doubled their lead when the same player rasped one into the far side of the net from around 30 yards.

Half time and looking good and within 2 minutes of the second half starting the Big Rose had a goal back when a penalty was well saved but Rose were quickest to the ball to knock it in.

With 20 minutes left the game had turned on its head as poor defending from a corner leaving a man unmarked at the back post and the keeper failing to hold onto the ball leaving the player to poke it in saw Rose 3-2 up.

Camelon leveled when Glasgow drew the keeper and lofted the ball over him for a hat trick.

Entertaining game and probably the right result.

• 2 weeks later...

The four league games at Carmuirs have ended 2-2, 2-3, 3-3 and again 3-3.

Again it was clear to see where the issues are in the Camelon team - if you cant defend you are not going to win games even if you are scoring at least 2 every time. Lets be honest, Musselburgh were certainly the weakest of the 4 teams that have been down by the banks of the canal but even when Camelon were in front you didnt get the feeling that they would be able to hold on owing to the defensive frailties.

What?

Hemingway - For Whom the Bell Tolls is one of his more famous works, I was just pondering some things earlier.

Wondering where certain players were today :whistle

Archived