Scott Allan

Being serious for a moment, Allan is comfortably too good for Hibs or any of the Scottish clubs he's been linked to apart from Celtic. If he somehow ends up playing in Scotland at somewhere else than Parkhead, he really, really needs better representation. I'm taking it as a given that he won't be at Easter Road.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not sure anyone is in a position to say he's "comfortably too good" given he's had one season of playing very well in the second tier.

Usual Hibs though - player X is out best player in position Y so is the best player in Scotland in position Y.

I'm not sure anyone is in a position to say he's "comfortably too good" given he's had one season of playing very well in the second tier.

Usual Hibs though - player X is out best player in position Y so is the best player in Scotland in position Y.

I'm glad you're catching on.

Wow 2 assists in a meaningless kick about before the cup final.

Are Barcelona aware of this prowess?

If you find this answer to be insignificant you should have reformulated your question as "did Allan play in any of the games vs us except the last one?"

Being serious for a moment, Allan is comfortably too good for Hibs or any of the Scottish clubs he's been linked to apart from Celtic. If he somehow ends up playing in Scotland at somewhere else than Parkhead, he really, really needs better representation. I'm taking it as a given that he won't be at Easter Road.

Given the trajectory of his career since he left United that's surely beyond doubt. I was one of the few United fans who respected his right to chase whatever deal he thought he could get elsewhere instead of learning his trade properly first. I didn't agree with his choice but it was his choice to make. With hindsight it's pretty clear that he made an absolute arse of it and it's only this last season that he's finally started to turn it around. Looks like he's finally on the up again but he's years behind where he should be.

Usual Falkirk - taking everything to do with Hibs far too seriously. I'm not saying he's the best midfielder in Scotland and the folk who are, are quite obviously having a laugh. Lighten up.

Given the trajectory of his career since he left United that's surely beyond doubt. I was one of the few United fans who respected his right to chase whatever deal he thought he could get elsewhere instead of learning his trade properly first. I didn't agree with his choice but it was his choice to make. With hindsight it's pretty clear that he made an absolute arse of it and it's only this last season that he's finally started to turn it around. Looks like he's finally on the up again but he's years behind where he should be.

All probably true but he is only 23 tbf.

Why do Falkirk fans seethe so much over Hibernian? We have a mutual love of Crunchie after all for goodness sake. We even let the have Alan Maybury and OTJ.

Thanks for that... Mutual love for the wee magician latapy as well <3

Think Allan's a good player, like to see him in the top league before hand however, then again I don't think there's too much a difference between the top half of the Championship than there is with the SPL(bar Celtic and Aberdeen)

Why do Falkirk fans seethe so much over Hibernian? We have a mutual love of Crunchie after all for goodness sake. We even let the have Alan Maybury and OTJ.

Let's not forget we let them have Tommy Tackle as well

Let's not forget we let them have Tommy Tackle as well

True and both club resurrected the career of Anthony Stokes and had had Yogi as captain.

All I can think of is the managers in charge such as Jumbo, Elvis and Houston. All are miserable Hibernian hating bitters. At Least Yogi got us both European football as manager.

I forgot about about wee Russell shamelessly.

You just don't want him up against Falkirk next season haha.

Remember shiting myself in the semi when he hit the bar, and he was very good in the final game however our players didn't even look arsed. But honestly can't remember him doing much in the other 3 games that season. Then again, I've not seen much of him other than that and the playoffs. Am I right in saying he has a bit of an attitude or am I thinking of another player all together?

I'm comfortably too good for hibs

I don't think there's too much a difference between the top half of the Championship than there is with the SPL(bar Celtic and Aberdeen)

Apart from the fact that an utterly awful 11th place with 1 win in their last 6 just completely ragdolled the winner of the Championship's playoffs.

Archived