Summer Transfers 2015/2016

What's the deal with Caraux? I know Gaston has held the number 1 jersey but isn't Caraux better than Adam?

Vastly superior to Adam but on a higher wage and spent most of last season injured (although there were rumours circulating that he was pulling a Shimmin and was saying he was injured after being declared fit to play). Even assuming the latter allegation isn't true, there's no point paying a second choice goalkeeper a wage if he's going to routinely be injured and unavailable when the first choice is out, meaning you have to chuck an untested 17 year-old in, as happened a couple of times last season before we signed Adam.

That said, I'd rather have some kid we've never heard of from the development squad who may or may not be a bombscare covering for Gaston than a 100% confirmed bombscare like Adam.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
In:

Nobody as of now, just a few loan returns.

Out:

Lee Robinson - released

Steve Simonsen - relseased

Steven Smith - released

Sebastian Faure - released

Ricky Fostser - released

Ian Black - released

Kyle Hutton - released

Lee McCulloch - released

Bilel Mohsni - released

Kris Boyd - released

Jon Daly - released

Think that lot could just about hold their own in the Lowland League!!!

In:

Out:

Lee Robinson - released

Steven Smith - released

Ricky Foster - released

Ian Black - released

Kyle Hutton - released

Lee McCulloch - released

Bilel Mohsni - released

Kris Boyd - released

Jon Daly - released

Why have you freed Mohsni? Surely you need a scrapper in the middle of the park?

If I'm correct our outs will be -

Rory Loy - Dundee

Olu Durojye - released

Liam Rowan - released

Michael Martin - released

No major ins apart from Tony Gallagher from the forth valley academy.

In:

Out:

Lee Robinson - released

Steven Smith - released

Ricky Foster - released

Ian Black - released

Kyle Hutton - released

Lee McCulloch - released

Bilel Mohsni - released

Kris Boyd - released

Jon Daly - released

Have you retained Barrie McKay? He wasn't very good for us maybe one good game in 7.

A few Morton fans are concerned that we haven't signed loads of new players yet, but going by this thread, the full time teams we will hopefully be competing against haven't brought a lot in either

Raith- 3 players

Queens-2 (i think)

Morton- 1 player.

Falkirk- none

St Mirren- none.

Livvy-none

Expect it to be a busy few weeks ahead.

I'm led to believe that Raith have registered their interest in Falkirk's tricky winger David Smith. An excellent player who just hasn't had the game time this year. For the sake of his own career I hope he goes as there's no point in him sitting on the bench for Falkirk anymore.

He was a one game a season winger. Do we want him back? If he has found some consistency then great. If not, then no thanks.

Smith's still under contract with us for another year but Houston has mentioned he would be considerate enough to let him find a club where he can get regular first team football that he cannot guarantee at Falkirk. One of the first clubs contacted about him was Raith due to him previously playing with the club.

A few Morton fans are concerned that we haven't signed loads of new players yet, but going by this thread, the full time teams we will hopefully be competing against haven't brought a lot in either

Raith- 3 players

Queens-2 (i think)

Morton- 1 player.

Falkirk- none

St Mirren- none.

Livvy-none

Expect it to be a busy few weeks ahead.

Plus, released SPL players will often wait hoping for another SPL club before the Championship starts to look more attractive to them. Going the other way from lower leagues, often the full time clubs outside of Rangers and Hibs can't compete financially for players who have a decent full time job and part time football.

Plus, released SPL players will often wait hoping for another SPL club before the Championship starts to look more attractive to them. Going the other way from lower leagues, often the full time clubs outside of Rangers and Hibs can't compete financially for players who have a decent full time job and part time football.

Yeah agree, that's why i left Alloa and Dumbarton out of it as we are prob not in the same market for players, not right now anyway.

I'm not for a second assuming we won't be competing with them in case it upsets sons and Alloa fans.

Smith's still under contract with us for another year but Houston has mentioned he would be considerate enough to let him find a club where he can get regular first team football that he cannot guarantee at Falkirk. One of the first clubs contacted about him was Raith due to him previously playing with the club.

Has he played for Dumbarton or Alloa?

If not we're not interested.

In

Gregor Buchanan - Dunfermline

Mikey Hopkins - Youth

Grant Gallagher - Stranraer

Darren Miller - Queens Park

Kevin Cawley - Alloa

Donald McCallum - Youth

Out

Scott Linton - Clyde

Archie Campbell - Clyde

Lee Mair - Who cares?

David Van Zanten - released

Mark Gilhaney - released

Stephen Grindlay - Beith

Mitch Megginson - Raith

Chris Turner - Hamilton

Scott Agnew - St Mirren

Still a lot of work to be done on the squad with some big players leaving, in wee Stee we trust!

What happened to Scott Taggart

In

Ryan Conroy - Raith Rovers

Robbie Thomson - Cowdenbeath

Gavin Skelton - Workington (Assistant manager but registered as a player)

Out

Chris Mitchell - Clyde
Salim Kouider-Aissa - Released
Zander Clark - St Johnstone (Loan expired)
Kevin Holt - Dundee
Daniel Carmichael - Hibs
Ian McShane - Ross County

Kevin Dzierzawski - Peterhead (subject to work permit)

Unconfirmed outs

Gavin Reilly - deal apparently agreed with Hearts
Mark Durnan - deal apparently agreed with Dundee United
Patrick Slattery
Stephen McKenna - rumoured to be retiring
Michael Paton
Dean Smith

To be fair to Smith i don't doubt he tries hard but he just isn't good enough, a prime example being he played in the cup final and i didn't even know he was on the park till he got subbed, kinda sums him up. That said he could go somewhere else and be a success, it's just not happened for him with us, and i really can't see him getting a game next season, a loan would probably be the best thing for him.

Archived