Bathgate Thistle

Guest chavez

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's almost as if the Club wants to be in a permanent state of crisis and cannot allow a period of continuity / stability - it'll be interesting to find out what the expectations of the Club from the new Manager are, but I've got a feeling it is going to be a very long season.

QM

I understand that but instead of being negative about the new manager which I understand why use are be asking the questions why he went.......these decisions aren't just made for nothing something has happened behind closed doors.......Ask that

Be interesting to know what that was then as 1 week Barrie was to remain in charge, a week later & he's out the door?!? And I honestly think if he had remained in charge & got in the players he had lined up & were willing to joining the club they could have been challenging at the right end of the league in the coming season! Bathgates loss though is someone else's gain & ex players might just come back to bite them in arse next season...watch this space ????

Looking in from the outside this appears to be a massive step backwards, perhaps the Club could help the Supporters understand this move by clarifying why the previous management team were removed, particularly when they had been allowed to sign players for next season (there's that stability and continuity again...) and also what the new appointee will bring to the Club that the previous management team couldn't / didn't.

QM

Looking in from the outside this appears to be a massive step backwards, perhaps the Club could help the Supporters understand this move by clarifying why the previous management team were removed, particularly when they had been allowed to sign players for next season (there's that stability and continuity again...) and also what the new appointee will bring to the Club that the previous management team couldn't / didn't.

QM

Real engagement with the fans? And a common sense approach? That would be truly revolutionary my friend. Big failing in the game at all levels IMO.

Aye that's Rita Andy to Bathgate .alex ferguson to help Hendo at the dale with replacing the full dale team who all went to Bo'ness on a pink fairy boat .. Sorry Andy still at dale with Hendo and 90% off last seasons squad ..

I'm hearing from a reliable source the assistant won't be anything special so don't get your expectations up wouldn't be surprised if it was the next conductor to step off a train at the station the way the new managers talking he's mentioned 3 names all of whom I know won't go! So he'll be left with little choices and make a rash decision and offer it to a taxi driver he gets! So train conductor or taxi driver!

Bathgate are the junior version of Nottingham Forest used to be a big club with high expectations but now......being realistic it's going to be a struggle for you guys!

I'm hearing from a reliable source the assistant won't be anything special so don't get your expectations up wouldn't be surprised if it was the next conductor to step off a train at the station the way the new managers talking he's mentioned 3 names all of whom I know won't go! So he'll be left with little choices and make a rash decision and offer it to a taxi driver he gets! So train conductor or taxi driver!

Bathgate are the junior version of Nottingham Forest used to be a big club with high expectations but now......being realistic it's going to be a struggle for you guys!

Nit sure where the big club comment comes from. Bathgate were a wee club then a wee rich club due to Hills cash and are back to being a wee club.

Why, it's the truth, they were only a club that had a lot of cash for a wee while. Money doesn't make you a big club it's cups and league titles that do that and Bathgate don't fulfil that criteria

Disagree with that slightly, it's not just cups and leagues that make you a big club, but a consistency at the top of the game, a history, and a decent following, not everyone can win things.

Archived