Bathgate Thistle

Guest chavez

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Reece Boyle is a good lad who likes to play football from the back. Calm and relaxed good in the air and a decent turn of pace. Will do well!

Sounds good to me.  I believe the management team know him well and I'm not surprised this is the type of player they are looking to get in given how they like to play.

Thanks for the fixtures/new signings info falside and for the back up on the "east region signing news" thread. Appreciated.

Interesting ,but wrong and twisted version of events on that thread from vollyman claiming that 8 Armadale players who got the club relegated are now bathgate bound!!dear oh dear.

No probs pal.  Yes, I thought his version of events was pretty skewed. The players coming in are good quality players.  How many arrive, and where they have played before is largely irrelevant.  As long as they are good for Bathgate they'll do for me.  

Bathgate will open their 16/17 McBookie.com East Premier League campaign with a home game against Sauchie on 6th of August.

In a busy August, where the Jags will play 6 times in the opening month, we will also be travelling to take on Whitburn on Wednesday 17th August.  The full rundown of the fixtures is set out below:

Sat 6th August,  Bathgate Thistle v Sauchie Juniors.  k.o. 2.30pm

Wed 10th August, Falkirk Juniors v Bathgate Thistle.  k.o. 7.00pm

Sat 13th August, Bathgate Thistle v Glenrothes Juniors.  k.o. 2.30pm

Wed 17th August, Whitburn Juniors v Bathgate Thistle.  k.o. 7.00pm

Sat 20th August, Bathgate Thistle v St Andrews United.  k.o. 2.30pm

Sat 27th August, Kennoway Star Hearts v Bathgate Thistle.  k.o. 2.30pm

Sat 3rd September, Bathgate Thistle v Kelty Hearts.  k.o. 2.30pm (East of Scotland Cup)

Sat 10th September, Bathgate Thistle v Haddington Juniors.  k.o. 2.30pm

Sat 17th September, Dalkeith Thistle v Bathgate Thistle.  k.o. 2.30pm

Bathgate Thistle are delighted to announce the triple signing of Jamie Clark, David Taylor and George Bonnar

3 was definitely the magic number for Jags gaffer Andrew Colley as he moved to sign the players after they left our local rivals Armadale Thistle. Bonnar and Clark are predominantly defenders, whilst Taylor will bolster the Jags midfield.

The trio have plenty of vital Super League experience under their belts. The lads are also well known to the current squad at Creamery Park and there is no doubt they will be massive assets in our campaign to challenge for promotion in 16/17.

These signings, added to last weeks captures of Darren Dalrymple and Reece Boyle brings the number of new players joining the club this close season to 5.

Thanks for the fixtures/new signings info falside and for the back up on the "east region signing news" thread. Appreciated.

Interesting ,but wrong and twisted version of events on that thread from vollyman claiming that 8 Armadale players who got the club relegated are now bathgate bound!!dear oh dear.

8 ex Armadale players now with Bathgate played in the playoff. With Broughty Athletic which they lost and were relegated they are Watson,Bonnar, Clark, Taylor, Feeney, McLeod, Daltymple and Thomson I would prefer that some of them were still at the Dale but good luck to them all

Watson and Thomson not yet official yet then??

Tbf Broughty ended comfortable last season in super league finishing just below mid table and being at that play off game felt dale were very unlucky to go down.

Very fine margins when you compare the 2 clubs fortunes since!

As a matter of interest which of these 8 would you not want back at dale?!

Maybe fairer to ask who would you definitely want back as tbf you're wishing all the boys well.

Funny old game as they say with 8 now with a rival and take it you must be up to date with facts!

Feeney, Dalrymple,Taylor and Thomson

agree vollyman.

Gets upset angry and involved in silly things also to be the complete player.

Three of the four you mentioned also got better temperaments too,which has a bearing on how players perform as individuals and as part of a team all working together instead of getting wound up with off the ball squabbles etc.

I can't comment on what Volly and others think about Stoogs, opinions are subjective. My opinion? The boy has quality written all over him. Passing is brilliant, can see a killer ball and deliver. Works hard and is motivated for Bathgate. Not the biggest but strong enough on the ball. Got POTY and deservedly so. This sounds like rose tinted glasses, but I'm a big fan of Stoogs and make no apologies. This boy, in our game against Jeanfield (eventual league winners) gave away an og in the first ten minutes. He then went on to give one of the best performances I've seen in a Jags jersey for the next 80 minutes I've seen as we beat them 5-1. Realistically if we got that out him every week he wouldn't be at Bathgate but he's one of our best and I'm glad we've got him in our XI

I can't comment on what Volly and others think about Stoogs, opinions are subjective. My opinion? The boy has quality written all over him. Passing is brilliant, can see a killer ball and deliver. Works hard and is motivated for Bathgate. Not the biggest but strong enough on the ball. Got POTY and deservedly so. This sounds like rose tinted glasses, but I'm a big fan of Stoogs and make no apologies. This boy, in our game against Jeanfield (eventual league winners) gave away an og in the first ten minutes. He then went on to give one of the best performances I've seen in a Jags jersey for the next 80 minutes I've seen as we beat them 5-1. Realistically if we got that out him every week he wouldn't be at Bathgate but he's one of our best and I'm glad we've got him in our XI

He had some fantastic games at the Dale but was not consistent enough for me however it is all about opinion

The boys are back in for the first night of pre-season tonight. This is where the hard work begins again for what will hopefully be a memorable season. Of course, all teams will share the same hopes as us and success is never guaranteed, but the dream remains the same. Mon the Jags!

You cant blame the players for going to bathgate better facilities and better feel good factor. The dale are stuck in there ways with not coming together with the local boys club at community status broxburn leading the way there 5 lads in the 1st team from under 19s and a good facility for training / playing something all west lothian sides could do with copying

Archived