Bathgate Thistle

Guest chavez

Guest chavez

West Calder v Bathgate Thistle friendly scheduled for Wednesday 29 July now rescheduled for Thursday 30 July at 7.15pm.

Bathgate at home to Kilsyth on Saturday 1st August ko 2.00pm.

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 6 months later...

I think with just over half way through the season gone the committee might have got it right this time, Andrew seems to be doing very well in his first season in the juniors, currently sitting 5th at the moment with lots of very good players brought in. He is a breathe of fresh air to the club and long may it continue, it just shows what type of guy he is when he never had a pre season and was really struggling for numbers but kept at it, worked hard and seems to be paying off at the moment.

Doing better than expected but helped out today by some dodgy keeping and the worst penalty call I've seen in donkeys years for the 2nd goal.

Had a lot of the ball in the first half but didnt make the keeper have to save the ball once, then went behind when I think it was Number 2 switched off and allowed ball and man to get behind him.

Second half and they made the possession count, keeper caught in no mans land for the leveller, awful penalty call for the 2nd and then the keeper failing to hold a trundler for the 3rd.

Deserved win, doing well but dont see them being in the mix come the end of the season but if they can build on what they have then they could be a team to watch next season.

Think a mix of the last two comments is about right. Nobody is getting carried away and we face the best team in the League next week and could get turned over. However we are progressing in the right direction and the management team and players are doing well. If we can achieve a mid table or above finish this year with a settled side and take this forward in to next season it will be more than we've managed the last few seasons.

I'm sure we will be stronger again next year.

It would be great if more people in the town recognised the efforts of the people involved with the Club and took a more active part in supporting Bathgate Thistle become a bigger team.

from an Oakley point of view thought the result was a fair reflection on the game, Bathgate retained the ball very well and worked hard when they lost it, albeit against an Oakley set that were struggling for a full squad, it didn't help when the boy

Reid came off after 5mins, being hit with injury again only played 2 full games this season and big Rushy out injured as for the keeper no very often he makes a mistake , not to mention Badge being injured, manager must be very frustrated at not being

able to field his strongest team very often this season looks like a relegation fight ahead well done Bathgate

I only caught the 2nd half but Bathgate were the better team, I think it is a bit harsh on the keeper as that free kick bounced right in front of him but where were the defence when he parried it out?

Nothing worse when the squad is full of injuries as it's a hard enough league when you have a full squad to choose from.

Hopefully enough for Oakley to stay up with a few games in hand.

Archived