Bathgate Thistle

Guest chavez

Not the money they used to have and if its only a small committee they are doing well to keep them in the premier league but something does have to change, and as you mentioned they dont have the financies to bring in top juniors anymore, it would be good if they could get the crowds back as i have heard that area is dwindling also.

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not the money they used to have and if its only a small committee they are doing well to keep them in the premier league but something does have to change, and as you mentioned they dont have the financies to bring in top juniors anymore, it would be good if they could get the crowds back as i have heard that area is dwindling also.

It would be great for them to get decent crowds, part of that problem is also that there are not a lot of West Lothian sides in the premier league, Armadale being back down should create a local derby with a bigger crowd, The rest of West Lothians sides are in the league above or the league below, so the home games they have don't generate as much intrest as local derbies would. I don't know what they can do to add numbers to the gate, but I am sure they are trying.

Guest chavez

Bathgate Thistle are delighted to announce that Gareth Alexander (formerly West Calder) has been appointed manager.

Already planning for season 2016/17

Aye for the derby games they will have against Blackburn and Whitburn. Funny thing is Blackburn and Whitburn will be capable of passing them on the way down cos they 2 clubs are ambitious.

Bathgate committee have made a howling **** of this one like, a few of the better players who were willing to stay under Baz with some of the signings he was planning on bringing in are now no longer...think Bathgate a cert for the drop this season ????????????????????

He's got the job give him a chance and see. He may surprise you! What I would say is supporters need to get behind him and the team

I appreciate what you're saying but what the supporters are struggling with is the fact that we had a manager who had laid a foundation to build on next year (who also appeared to have built a good team spirit), for whatever reason the Club decide to sack him and have now chosen replace him with the manager of the team who finished 8th in the league below - I think any supporter of any club would struggle with that.

QM

I appreciate what you're saying but what the supporters are struggling with is the fact that we had a manager who had laid a foundation to build on next year (who also appeared to have built a good team spirit), for whatever reason the Club decide to sack him and have now chosen replace him with the manager of the team who finished 8th in the league below - I think any supporter of any club would struggle with that.

QM[/quote

You are spot on & with crowds never the best as it was, I now know serveral people who used to make it down when they could who won't be returning next season!

Archived