East Region Summer Transfer Thread 2015

MUSSY EXILE

forgetting its the worst league in junior football

I don't think it is, it may be the bottom tier of the East Region along with the North Division, but it's not the worst in Junior football.

Anyway, no photos, no manager quotes, no pack drill;

11709704_10206319069568394_8836110913588

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dalkeith Thistle would like to welcome to the club our new signing ex Linlithgow Rose and Bonnyrigg Rose goalkeeper David Hay.

Terrific shot stopper (especially penalties) and will prove to be a good signing.

I don't think it is, it may be the bottom tier of the East Region along with the North Division, but it's not the worst in Junior football.

Anyway, no photos, no manager quotes, no pack drill;

11709704_10206319069568394_8836110913588

naw mate the west leagues are dung ..complete and utter dung

post-11835-0-01148100-1437159006_thumb.j

We are pleased to announce striker Dean Ballantyne as our latest signing for the 2015-2016 season.

Dean also joins us from the successful Musselburgh Windsor youth setup, and like our other new recruits chose Dunbar United over a number of other options in both junior and senior football.

The manager commented: "Dean (Deano) is a goalscorer and had an unbelievable record with Musselburgh last season scoring over 70 goals. This record made him a very sought after player. He trained with us for a few sessions last season and he looked sharp and quick. But when I watched him in games what stuck out was his movement, particularly in and around the box - it was so clever. He just seems to manage to to create a yard and has the uncanny knack of being in the right place at the right time. If he gets a sight of goal he doesn't hesitate to shoot and his finishing is as good as I have seen for a player of his age at this level. There are other elements of being a striker in Junior football which he will need to learn and this will take time, but he listens and he wants to improve and I think we are the perfect club for him. He is here very much with the future in mind, but I think he could have a big season if we look after him."

• 2 weeks later...

post-11835-0-90756700-1438106038_thumb.j

Dunbar United are delighted to announce the signing of goalkeeper John Johnstone who rejoins us after 3 years playing with Banks o' Dee in the North Region Superleage.

Manager Geoff Jones said: "I have kept in touch with John (Jinky) while he was working in Aberdeen and I am delighted to have resigned him for the coming season. I obviously played with him during my many years here as a player, so know exactly what attributes he will bring to the club. He is a tremendous shot stopper and his kicking, both from hand and the deck, is as good as any goalkeeper I have played with or against. He is actually a very good outfield player as well so he really is a goalkeeper who can act as a sweeper, which is important if you play a pressing game with a high defensive line. He has a great attitude and his experience in the Superleague can only help with the development of our younger players. He will also add great competition to Connor Wood for the number 1 jersey, which is imortant.

He's a local lad who came through the colts setup here and with him settlling back into the area I hope he decides to stay with us for the long term."

Archived