The Greenock Morton Thread - It's Better Than Yours

31 minutes ago, TheGoon said:

Apparently, Mark Wilson has just said he's training with us.

Wait, Mark Wilson formerly with Celtic?

You have my condolences during this tough time. One of the worst players I've seen play for us. Never mind run he could barely walk. Oyenuga did unspeakable things to him during a game against Cowden a few years back. 

3 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Wait, Mark Wilson formerly with Celtic?

You have my condolences during this tough time. One of the worst players I've seen play for us. Never mind run he could barely walk. Oyenuga did unspeakable things to him during a game against Cowden a few years back. 

Someone from the club is thankfully disputing it.

3 hours ago, Ton in Shawlands said:

Hopefully going forward with a better club website we won't need it to find out the basics every week.

I read on Greenockmorton.org, just before the site went down, on the 'Forum Upgrade' thread, that the software could become something like that on Pie & Bovril.

Was that code that the 'Ton fans Internet forum would now be here?

Edited by FlyerTon

1 hour ago, FlyerTon said:

I read on Greenockmorton.org, just before the site went down, on the 'Forum Upgrade' thread, that the software could become something like that on Pie & Bovril.

Was that code that the 'Ton fans Internet forum would now be here?

If I'd owned the greenockmorton.org server, I'd have switched it off and never had the urge to turn it back on

more hassle than it is worth it would seem, a one time good read, ruined by total wallopers, that despite being banned, still didn't take the hint and came back again and again 

I sympathise with Duffy IF the budget has been cut. However, no one from the club has indicated this was the case and deals being offered to McManus, Luca & Johnstone would indicate it's adequate. (Unless of course those three rejected returning for financial reasons)

Then, you've got the 15 striker fiasco, that got so bad we've ended up with McDonut and the likes of Emile Sinclair on trial in August. Why were none of those previous targets signed? If the budget was the problem, Duffy has to indicate that or he's going to take the brunt of the blame - safe to say he has not. 

Until Duffy comes out and says otherwise, he is 99% responsible for the mess we're in. More ambition from the board would've undoubtedly have allowed us to sign better players, but as far as we're aware the current budget should be adequate enough to assemble a higher quality, deeper squad than the current one.

2 hours ago, TheGoon said:

I sympathise with Duffy IF the budget has been cut. However, no one from the club has indicated this was the case and deals being offered to McManus, Luca & Johnstone would indicate it's adequate. (Unless of course those three rejected returning for financial reasons)

Then, you've got the 15 striker fiasco, that got so bad we've ended up with McDonut and the likes of Emile Sinclair on trial in August. Why were none of those previous targets signed? If the budget was the problem, Duffy has to indicate that or he's going to take the brunt of the blame - safe to say he has not. 

Until Duffy comes out and says otherwise, he is 99% responsible for the mess we're in. More ambition from the board would've undoubtedly have allowed us to sign better players, but as far as we're aware the current budget should be adequate enough to assemble a higher quality, deeper squad than the current one.

The fact that he couldn't tempt any of these players to stay at the club and got so many knockbacks (did he really say 15 strikers :blink: ) indicates to me that there was a lack of financial commitment/ambition on the part of the club. They can come out and say we bid for Denny/Luca etc but if the terms weren't competitive then they were wasting their time (and ours ,it appears)  I'm not sure if 'the brothers' largesse has been evident recently. My own view is that they are keeping their powder dry and letting nature take it's course.

As I said previously , I seriously doubt that Duffy is sitting on a chest of money, having decided to gamble with the young team playing (and no established striker) He just isn't that stupid. I actually feel a bit sorry for Duffy but as manager, it's his head that's going to roll.

Jim Duffy paid money to another club in order to sign his gubbins nephew in May; he simply can't complain about a lack of resources, having decided to spunk what he had on utter shite. There is no valid reason for signing a hopeless, absolutely devoid of talent ringer like Oyenuga, then start him up front with Quitongo shunted out wide yesterday. Those are Duffy's own decisions and he must be held responsible for them.

TTG.

Is it just a coincidence the Morton Messageboard sunk at the same time the boo-boys are on the march?

Duffy has been found out with even some of the happy-clappy brigade seeing the light. Great player for Morton, under-whelming manager. Time for the maniacal baldie gaffer to take his whirring arms back to the chop shop.

When managers start resorting to 'can't fault the boys for effort' after poor performances it's a sure sign that they've completely lost it and have no idea how to fix the mess they've created. We saw it with McInally, we saw it with Moore, we saw it with Shiels. It's the last excuse of a desperate manager who knows his time is running out - his next statement should be his resignation.

When managers start resorting to 'can't fault the boys for effort' after poor performances it's a sure sign that they've completely lost it and have no idea how to fix the mess they've created. We saw it with McInally, we saw it with Moore, we saw it with Shiels. It's the last excuse of a desperate manager who knows his time is running out - his next statement should be his resignation.

Surely oor Jum wont resign? Didn't he just sign a new contract?

It wont be cheap to get shot of him if so.