The Greenock Morton Thread - It's Better Than Yours

At risk of a Gourlay freekick response as it's been discussed on the Morton forum since the post went up yesterday, we've got a competition to design the away kit for next season running: http://gmfc.net/2016/08/25/supporters-to-design-and-select-away-strip/

There will no doubt be some absolutely mental designs suggested here, with Tartan Hoops and a Parma style kit surely featuring. Looking forward to seeing some of the howlers.

Any non-Morton supporting rare kit enthusiasts will be delighted to hear they'll be making prototypes of the final four which'll hopefully be auctioned again.

The difference in the club behind the scenes is massive. It's amazing the difference just having a member of staff dedicated to communications is making, with the website being updated with articles every day. It should be par for the course for any club at our level, but it really has made a massive difference in terms of perception of the club among the fans already.

We're desperately short of experienced players. Duffy's plea to the fans to be patient on signings seems a bit of a strange comment to make as he hasn't made any decent signings of the quality required so far... 

1 hour ago, ICTChris said:

A journalist in Twitter has said that ICT, Accies and Killie are after Gary Oliver.

I've never heard of him to be honest, what's he like?

Well, he's just signed for us, and isn't very good, so I doubt that very much.

Edited by TheGoon

He was excellent against Kilmarnock so I presume he's being judged on that one game. The jury's still out on him but if we're actually offered a transfer fee we should take it and run. Unclear if this is desperation on the part of the interested clubs after their dreadful starts to the season or desperation on the part of Sunday Mail journalists to find any kind of story.

If we actually paid a fee that big for him it's ridiculous on our part. I expected 'nominal fee' to be somewhere around 5K.

Back on the away strips competition, just look at this glorious creation from pedrodelawasp on the Morton forum: http://www.greenockmorton.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=42981&page=4&#entry1041468

14199231_10157453900315602_2503165124991

That would undoubtedly be the greatest strip of all time.

6 hours ago, Dunning1874 said:

If we actually paid a fee that big for him it's ridiculous on our part. I expected 'nominal fee' to be somewhere around 5K.

Back on the away strips competition, just look at this glorious creation from pedrodelawasp on the Morton forum: http://www.greenockmorton.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=42981&page=4&#entry1041468

14199231_10157453900315602_2503165124991

That would undoubtedly be the greatest strip of all time.

I'd even be tempted to buy that :lol:

43 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

I'd even be tempted to buy that :lol:

For years we've talked about how great a Parma style Morton top would be, and we've always fondly remembered the greatness of the original tartan top. Combining the two creates a strip which is truly worthy of being worn by Brian Wake. No fan of any club will be able to resist the brilliance.

Edited by Dunning1874