Tri-TON

The Greenock Morton Thread - It's Better Than Yours

I like the pinstripes, how is that more boring than plain hoops? We've never had it before. Between that and 3 were always going to be the choice and most people would have been happy with either of them.

#1 wasn't that bad but was never going to get picked

#2 was pish

#3 was bold as f**k

#4 was, as stated, a dodgy Celtic top from the Barras

#5 would've been perfect if it had been done better

So Morton can't do any designs that Celtic have ever had? We were wearing hoops and luminous yellow before they did but I doubt they were greeting about it.

Why would we want to? When we're getting out-the-catalogue hooped pished, obviously there's hundreds of teams who'll be wearing similar.

But when we get the chance to properly decide on a unique and custom-made design, then choose something that's already been done - by Celtic no less - it's fucking boring.

Maybe if we collect enough tears we can send them to Cappielow to appeal this atrocity.

Maybe if we collect enough tears we can send them to Cappielow to appeal this atrocity.

I'll just get that Celtic fan to start another petition, no bother.

Anyone whose mind even makes the Celtic link needs to have a word with themselves before reporting to the sea. Says far more about them than anyone who chose their favourite design without Old Firm based prejudice.

The process was not about choosing something unique it was about choosing a cracker of a new top for next year and that box has been ticked.

Sobbing uncontrollably over a few wee lines. 😆

Edited by Jamie_M

Anyone whose mind even makes the Celtic link needs to have a word with themselves before reporting to the sea. Says far more about them than anyone who chose their favourite design without Old Firm based prejudice.

The process was not about choosing something unique it was about choosing a cracker of a new top for next year and that box has been ticked.

Sobbing uncontrollably over a few wee lines.

This.

DEMOCRACY WORKS. The tear-stained Celtic meltdowns can do one. It's a great looking strip, and the majority of the fanbase agree.

We're just a "thanks for playing" away from a full house - surprised it hasn't come yet tbh.

Anyway, I feel I've stated my case pretty clearly. Can further explain my disappointment if need be.

DEMOCRACY WORKS. The tear-stained Celtic meltdowns can do one. It's a great looking strip, and the majority of the fanbase agree.

Not necessarily. The majority (who were able to vote) voted for the other four options.

Not necessarily. The majority (who were able to vote) voted for the other four options.

Electoral systems thread for this

Anyone who's bothered by Celtic having once had a similar type of hoops is strange, and there's nothing wrong with the pinstripes through the hoops. However, I refuse to believe that anyone could honestly look at that top in person and think the yellow stripes down the side aren't utterly ridiculous. The yellow turns a perfectly nice kit into a bogging one.

Sack the fans.

Electoral systems thread for this

It does seem the people with taste were split between the retro and tartan options, while the uncultured hordes snuck in through the middle with that utter shiter.

Should have used Single Transferable Vote, IMO.

I preferred number 3 but don't mind number 4 either. The major flaw on #4 for me is the badge is lost on the blue hoop, if they put the badge on a white hoop instead it would improve the top drastically imo. Don't mind the yellow stripe.

tonnitus :lol:

Offft, now there's a first.

Like I said - anything you're needing explained further, I'm happy to discuss.

Yes it is. Goodbye. There is no game being played.

Morton's season ticket sales of ~800 aren't even the largest source of gate revenue. Given that the average attendance last season was 2731, ordinary gate receipts are worth more than double the season ticket figures. And that's leaving entirely to one side prize money, which for last season also generated far more revenue for the club than season ticket sales.

Swing and a miss, chump. 

Well fan fined after the assault on the police that night they made a complete arse of themselves at Cappielow. Pleasing.