The Greenock Morton Thread - It's Better Than Yours

3 hours ago, The Ghost of B A R P said:

What exactly is the issue here?

If the knobs at the SPFL introduce an U21 league, I'd be confident we'd re-introduce an U21 squad.

Until that happens, as has been said, our current way of making do makes perfect sense: i.e. contracting a limited number of young players who are within spitting distance of first-team football (or who can go out on loan until they are).

The knobs are the clubs mate . Morton along with all the others had the choice 

6 minutes ago, Cambyger said:

So why did they not 

No idea because you've said that the club wanted to keep them but also that they've been released which contradicts each other. 

In general though an age group system with the club wanting to keep the best players from the final age group and integrate them around the first team sounds just as credible a plan of having a reserve/21s/19s team playing non competitive games. 

I'd put our inclusion of young players in our first team squad up against most teams in the country. 

Ayr only have youth levels to u18s. I believe anyone over that who is contracted plays the reserves or is out on loan. We have a few players in and around our first team who are 18/19 so don’t qualify for the 18s, but have been out on loan and played reserves. Not that much of an issue. 

Can someone please shuffle along this raging da' of some shite no-mark player to whatever no-mark club thread they wash up at - TIA. 

The chief criticisms I'd make of our youth strategy is that it's far too optimistic in expecting a financial return, and not ruthless enough in sending players down the lower levels of the pyramid - sink or swim - challenge. Our relationship with Annan on the other hand has been very productive for both parties and will hopefully continue. 

Edited by vikingTON

8 minutes ago, Mr.Blue said:

I'm guessing your son was one of the players released?

May or may not have been . I’m highlighting an issue I believe is a problem . If Morton fans don’t think so then that’s up to them . I’m not fussed either way TBH . 

44 minutes ago, Cambyger said:

May or may not have been .

Fooling absolutely no-one.

I’m highlighting an issue I believe is a problem . If Morton fans don’t think so then that’s up to them . I’m not fussed either way TBH . 

Aye that'll be why you've crawled out from under your revolting, 'Cambyger' rock to spray fail over this thread all of a sudden. Not because you're raging by your son's rejection - not at all. 

1123341775_tenor(7).gif.607ba71985ac562889e2b2db62643277.gif

Edited by vikingTON

21 minutes ago, virginton said:

Fooling absolutely no-one.

Aye that'll be why you've crawled out from under your revolting, 'Cambyger' rock to spray fail over this thread all of a sudden. Not because you're raging by your son's rejection - not at all. 

1123341775_tenor(7).gif.607ba71985ac562889e2b2db62643277.gif

No need for the abuse mate . 

5 minutes ago, Cambyger said:

Seems virginton has been on a dislike rampage .

The purpose of the 'dislike' function is to flag posts that are obviously fucking shite. And every single one of your 'contributions' fits that bill.

Calm down mate it’s only a forum.

...says the raging da' flailing about the injustice of his son's failed football career on said forum.

1 hour ago, Cambyger said:

May or may not have been . I’m highlighting an issue I believe is a problem . If Morton fans don’t think so then that’s up to them . I’m not fussed either way TBH . 

Highlight it to the right people then rather than on a fans forum.

For someone who isn't fussed you're posting a lot about it.

15 minutes ago, virginton said:

The purpose of the 'dislike' function is to flag posts that are obviously fucking shite. And every single one of your 'contributions' fits that bill.

...says the raging da' flailing about the injustice of his son's failed football career on said forum.

So all my posts are shite . You know that for a fact ? 
You may not agree with the posts but it doesn’t mean they aren’t true .

Just now, Scott-Replay said:

Brian McLean, what’s he like? Can he still move? Even if he can’t, it’s still likely to be an upgrade over our defence last year tbqhwy.

He can't move too much but is good positionally and for heading/clearing the ball, which is presumably still a very big deal in the haddy seaside leagues. Some Morton fans wanted to keep him at this level - madness IMO given his age and likely decline - but he should do a good job at the level below unless the summer has been disastrous. 

Not convinced that combining him with an immobile/made of glass Grant will last for long over the season though. 

14 minutes ago, Mr.Blue said:

Highlight it to the right people then rather than on a fans forum.

For someone who isn't fussed you're posting a lot about it.

Fair enough mate . I’m not fussed as I’m not a Morton fan but if the fans are not interested then I will accept that .

Not wanting to cause bother 

Just now, Cambyger said:

So all my posts are shite . You know that for a fact ? 
You may not agree with the posts but it doesn’t mean they aren’t true .

Your posts about the failure of Morton's youth pathway - based solely on your sprog's inability to make the cut, while Lewis Strapp, Reece Lyon and Alexander King all prepare to play tomorrow - are all objectively utter shite. They are categorically untrue. 

4 minutes ago, virginton said:

Your posts about the failure of Morton's youth pathway - based solely on your sprog's inability to make the cut, while Lewis Strapp, Reece Lyon and Alexander King all prepare to play tomorrow - are all objectively utter shite. They are categorically untrue. 

Again no need to get personal and it’s nothing to do with my sprog as you kindly put it 

Where did I say it was a failure . These players you have quoted are past years so clearly it was working . I’m talking about from now moving forward .

Dont take my word for it ask your fellow fans or board why they don’t have a development squad and for that matter the staff that were running it . 
It’s your club not mine.