The Greenock Morton Thread - It's Better Than Yours

5 hours ago, stepek 4 tellys said:

Apparently Imrie was extremely disappointed with his budget for this season given the relative success he had when given the manager’s job. I wouldn’t rule out him returning to Accies given he was in twice for talks with McGowan(who by the way he is as thick as thieves with) but things cooled owing to Taylor digging his heels in over a settlement.

Is this according to the same sources that had it as a done deal fully two months ago aye?

1467740578_mourinho-cr7(1).gif.95045955a1ef93f6bf459f60444ea7ef.gif

13 hours ago, virginton said:

Is this according to the same sources that had it as a done deal fully two months ago aye?

1467740578_mourinho-cr7(1).gif.95045955a1ef93f6bf459f60444ea7ef.gif

I’ve no idea, but the person who told me knows Imrie  well. As to the Accies link, as I said there was contact but not recently owing to the ongoing Taylor situation, whether that is resurrected, I don’t know. Personally, owing to his links to McGowan, I’d rather we didn’t go for him and would prefer Rankin to be given the job.

10 hours ago, stepek 4 tellys said:

I’ve no idea, but the person who told me knows Imrie  well. As to the Accies link, as I said there was contact but not recently owing to the ongoing Taylor situation, whether that is resurrected, I don’t know. Personally, owing to his links to McGowan, I’d rather we didn’t go for him and would prefer Rankin to be given the job.

What's his links to McGowan got to do with it? Unless he wants to employ Imrie as a Commercial Manager or something seeing as McGowan is now having nothing to do with the football side of the club...

As an Annan supporter my take on the game was……Morton in command most of the game!

You had a lot more of the ball as you would expect being two leagues above Annan!

on saying that Morton in front twice but Annan came back twice. Second equaliser seemed to come from

a mistake by your sub goalkeeper! All in all a decent pre season friendly with both sides seeming to enjoy it! To sum it up good 90 minutes enjoyed by a good crowd. All the best to Morton for the coming season! Cheers guys!

On 24/06/2022 at 13:05, madton said:

Be interested to hear an Inverness fans opinion on their budget. 

Let me show you a visual representation of what will happen if one does show up 

article-0-1A2B262D00000578-818_636x382.thumb.jpg.76d096f104201ae7850da3b84110d523.jpg

They absolutely love pulling County fans up for spunking millions but will not for a second face the fact they're doing the same.

On 25/06/2022 at 21:59, Solway Star said:

As an Annan supporter my take on the game was……Morton in command most of the game!

You had a lot more of the ball as you would expect being two leagues above Annan!

on saying that Morton in front twice but Annan came back twice. Second equaliser seemed to come from

a mistake by your sub goalkeeper! All in all a decent pre season friendly with both sides seeming to enjoy it! To sum it up good 90 minutes enjoyed by a good crowd. All the best to Morton for the coming season! Cheers guys!

Don't think that Morton team was anywhere near our first team starting line up.  We wouldn't have Easdale in any serious starting line up. It did cross my mind that after the success of Garrity at Annan, maybe Imrie was looking to offload Easdale to Annan on loan.  Would actually be the best thing for him as he's not going to progress beyond occasional short sub appearances at Cappielow.  He needs to go somewhere to get game time and imho that means dropping a level or two.

Edited by Alibi

3 hours ago, Alibi said:

Don't think that Morton team was anywhere near our first team starting line up.  We wouldn't have Easdale in any serious starting line up. It did cross my mind that after the succcess of McGarrity at Annan, maybe Imrie was looking to offload Easdale to Annan on loan.  Would actually be the best thing for him as he's not going to progress beyond occasional short sub appearances at Cappielow.  He needs to go somewhere to get game time and imho that means dropping a level or two.

The problem with that is Garrity is just a much better footballer than Easedale, with maybe only a wee bit of a lack of pace standing between him and a really good career. Great touch on the ball and the capacity to do cute, unexpected things. I wonder if he'll end up playing in midfield rather than wide. McGregor and King also look as though they might have a future.

I doubt Easedale would get a regular game at a decent Lowland League side, never mind League One (EK have just signed McHugh ffs). There are literally dozens of better players washing around in the lower levels, up here and in England; he's only at Cappielow because naebody's got the guts to bump him.

Edited by The Ghost of B A R P

On 24/06/2022 at 15:11, The Ghost of B A R P said:

Never said any of them were ‘amazing players’, btw, just that the likes of Deas, Welsh, Doran, McKay, or Samuel won’t be cheap (and that’s not to mention what Dodds himself is on, which will be 1.5 - 2x more than Imrie

I'd reckon McKay might be 1 of the league's top earners. The rest definitely aren't out of your budget if you really wanted them. As many had generally suspected( mentioned by Gardiner on recent Wyness shuffle podcast. We don't really ever compete with other Scottish teams for players.

7 hours ago, Alibi said:

Don't think that Morton team was anywhere near our first team starting line up.  We wouldn't have Easdale in any serious starting line up. It did cross my mind that after the succcess of McGarrity at Annan, maybe Imrie was looking to offload Easdale to Annan on loan.  Would actually be the best thing for him as he's not going to progress beyond occasional short sub appearances at Cappielow.  He needs to go somewhere to get game time and imho that means dropping a level or two.

He went on loan to the juniors and couldn't cut it.

He isn't good enough for League 2, he's not good enough for any standard of football being brutally honest and everyone connect to Morton knows it.

17 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Wasn't his loan cut short because of Covid rather him being shite?

Maybe he is shite, obviously, but I thought it was "non-footballing reasons" his loan move never worked out.

He went to BSC Glasgow in Sept 2020 until Jan  21 so the season was up and running by that point. BSC were playing games but Easdale hardly kicked a ball i dont think.

20 hours ago, The Ghost of B A R P said:

Edited… I blame @Alibi

Yes, my mistake.  I'm just making sure that when he wins his first international cap, if there's any dispute about his provenance, the Mc will prove he's Scottish.