The Greenock Morton Thread - It's Better Than Yours

Baird will be fine, when not played beside Sean Fucking McGinty and Fjortoft.

He spent a season for us doing that and was fucking mince so your logic sort of falls apart there.

I've never rated Baird. Thought he was poor for us, and could be pretty catastrophic for St Mirren against us. He didn't seem to improve at Ayr. 

34 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

We may have tried keep him but by all accounts it was a heavily reduced contract as a squad player

By all made up wishful Ayr fan accounts.

Other accounts state that Bullen has missed out on one of his top retention targets and that his plans for next season are now in utter chaos. *

* also made up but just as credible.

By all made up wishful Ayr fan accounts.
Other accounts state that Bullen has missed out on one of his top retention targets and that his plans for next season are now in utter chaos. *

* also made up but just as credible.

Aye our manager was desperate to keep someone who had barely played under him once we finished our January recruitment.

That all adds up perfectly in your head but I’m afraid it’s far more likely, and true, that Muirhead and Baird would’ve been backup players next season and didn’t want to hang around.

Baird was fine for us, and I think most would’ve happily kept him on before he departed. Sometimes it just clicks for certain players at certain clubs.

Posted (edited)
46 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Sean McGinty is a much better defender than Jack Baird. Enjoy him. 

We have watched both regularly and know this is very far from the truth.

Put an experienced and better centre back beside Baird and he'll be fine, but if we don't he'll be a bombscare, as he was for much of his previous spell here while still being better than McGinty, McLean and Grant. That's the difference between Baird being part of good teams this level, like when he was playing beside Gary McKenzie or Harry Davis at St Mirren, and being part of crap teams like when he was playing beside Sean McGinty at Morton & Ayr or Gregor Buchanan at St Mirren.

Edited by Dunning1874

Entirely possible Baird could be a success after flopping at Ayr. Just like how McGinty has been a success at Ayr after flopping at Morton. And by success I mean semi-competent and one level above being dug meat.

McGinty and Baird are both dung. If we had to sign one I'd rather it was Baird based on both their time at Morton but that's no ringing endorsement.