The Greenock Morton Thread - It's Better Than Yours

46 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

You seem like the sort of guy who wonders what peoples' willies look like. Probably why you have no issue with Lithgow getting his out.

That’s a bit of a puerile response even for you Butthead. 

I have never said I condone the actions you seem obsessed with. I merely take exception to self important sleekit sycophants like Toby and then you perpetually generating faux moral outrage when you lead far from perfect lives yourselves. 

Perhaps if you had just stuck to the over the hill error ridden defender line, and not tried to conflate the two issues, the get him out of here message might have gotten through rather than the club circling the wagons and issuing desist messages.

7 hours ago, Branch Ton said:

Perhaps if you had just stuck to the over the hill error ridden defender line, and not tried to conflate the two issues, the get him out of here message might have gotten through rather than the club circling the wagons and issuing desist messages.

That's just untrue. I wanted rid of him for being a sex offender long before he was shown up for being past it as a footballer. If anything I have consistent in despising him for sexually abusing women.

He just also happens to be shite

On 24/12/2021 at 06:59, Branch Ton said:

Aw come on, we will get nowhere by simply stating the blindingly obvious and mouthing platitudes. You would hope that our renowned rigorous CV and competence based assessment interview panel didn't fall for that tosh again. As if Gus didn't know draws were no good, though I'll concede he was overly concerned at not losing 3 points to our relegation rivals. Until such time as the tattooed man explains how we will win games, with this and then his own new squad, and then goes on to demonstrate this by achievement I'll reserve judgement. 

You are a prize w****r.

Edited by Mr.Blue

17 hours ago, Mr.Blue said:

You are a prize w****r.

Not sure what’s sadder;

a) You reading and commenting upon this dross on Christmas Day

b) You having to edit a five word post

c) Master influencer Toby giving up his time on Christmas Day to green dot you when he could have been posting on selfie’s of him kissing Doug Imrie’s jock strap on Facebook. 

d) Those applicants for the Morton manager’s  job who didn’t even make it to the interview short list given the successful candidate’s  far from extensive achievement record.

e) The fact that even under fan ownership most fans have no idea who was on the interview panel and what the assessment criteria was. 

On 24/12/2021 at 11:44, AsimButtHitsASix said:

I love Branch Ton's moral compass.

Things that are not OK:
Serving food
Eccies
Tattoos

Things that are fine:
Flashing women

On 24/12/2021 at 14:40, AsimButtHitsASix said:

You seem like the sort of guy who wonders what peoples' willies look like. Probably why you have no issue with Lithgow getting his out.

On 24/12/2021 at 22:53, AsimButtHitsASix said:

That's just untrue. I wanted rid of him for being a sex offender long before he was shown up for being past it as a footballer. If anything I have consistent in despising him for sexually abusing women.

Whether you like it or not, on this subject Branch Ton does have a point. 

As you say yourself, you've been consistent in your criticism of Lithgow. The problem is you've been CONSTANT as well as consistent.

Absolutely nobody condones what he did, but he was found guilty and sentenced something like a decade ago, maybe more; can't be arsed checking.  Some folk were against the signing in the summer, but like Lithgow they have almost all moved on.....  Except you.

Nobody cares about your feelings on the offence. Nobody LIKES what he did but we all now manage to keep our opinions to ourselves.....  Except you. Do us all a favour and stop boring the tits off us on this subject. I'm sure you'll find something else.

2 hours ago, Branch Ton said:

e) The fact that even under fan ownership most fans have no idea who was on the interview panel and what the assessment criteria was. 

Fan ownership in this regard is irrelevant. Why the f*ck should a club reveal who was on an interview panel? I've never, ever been aware of a club making that information public.

2 hours ago, Rudolph Hucker said:

Nobody cares about your feelings on the offence. Nobody LIKES what he did but we all now manage to keep our opinions to ourselves.....  Except you. Do us all a favour and stop boring the tits off us on this subject. I'm sure you'll find something else.

Did you just quote three of my posts, none of which were directed at you, to tell me how little you care about my opinion?

Did you then go on to give me your opinion whilst simultaneously telling me how you manage to keep your opinion to yourself?

That's some mad cognitive dissonance.

Edited by AsimButtHitsASix

1 hour ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Did you just quote three of my posts, none of which were directed at you, to tell me how little you care about my opinion?

Did you then go on to give me your opinion whilst simultaneously telling me how you manage to keep your opinion to yourself?

That's some mad cognitive dissonance.

Hmmm, since when have posters only been allowed to quote and comment only on posts addressed specifically to them? (Helpful hint: the correct answer here is “NEVER”).

Still, that’s an entire post where you managed not to refer to the player or his offence and nor did you brag about drug taking (further helpful hint: it’s not big, it’s not clever and nobody particularly cares about that either). 
Well done - keep it up! 👍

4 hours ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Did I say otherwise? There are serious issues with your reading comprehension 

😁 Nope, not at all, no comprehension issues here - but there ARE serious issues with your interpretation of my post of earlier today. Your attempt at distortion and deflection was pitiful.

Edited by Rudolph Hucker

On 26/12/2021 at 07:57, Branch Ton said:

Not sure what’s sadder;

a) You reading and commenting upon this dross on Christmas Day

b) You having to edit a five word post

c) Master influencer Toby giving up his time on Christmas Day to green dot you when he could have been posting on selfie’s of him kissing Doug Imrie’s jock strap on Facebook. 

d) Those applicants for the Morton manager’s  job who didn’t even make it to the interview short list given the successful candidate’s  far from extensive achievement record.

Know what's even sadder?

You taking the time to pull together a 5 point reply to a sentence which simply stated you're a w****r.

5 hours ago, Mr.Blue said:

Know what's even sadder?

You taking the time to pull together a 5 point reply to a sentence which simply stated you're a w****r.

But mine wasn’t really a reply was it? I was merely making an observation that on Christmas Day a nonentity chose to spend his time posting an inane comment in the vague expectation that his Christmas present would be a few green dots from an even bigger bunch of deadbeats, dopeheads and wannabe censors. 

Carpe Diem little boy blue and keep blowing your horn. 

7 hours ago, Branch Ton said:

But mine wasn’t really a reply was it? I was merely making an observation that on Christmas Day a nonentity chose to spend his time posting an inane comment in the vague expectation that his Christmas present would be a few green dots from an even bigger bunch of deadbeats, dopeheads and wannabe censors. 

Carpe Diem little boy blue and keep blowing your horn. 

Must try better w****r.

I'm no Morton or Killie fan, but I heard Dougie Imrie's post match interview where he was really emphasising the players in it - Something managers love to do. Does anyone believe that or is he just shifting responsibility to the players early? The whole I'm just guide bit just seems a wee bit disingenuous. Also It's a bit cut and paste just because of the nature of the interview.

But listen obviously players make decisions on the park and we’ll just speak about that going forward but like I say and I’ve said to them a million times as soon as they cross the white line we can only guide them, it’s up to them to take ownership.

Yeah, I got it in bundles, absolutely thrilled for them, delighted for obviously the players, delighted for the club. Yeah, it would be good to try and help the players. Obviously I’m just trying to help the players through the game as much as I can. If it helps the players it’ll help us, Absolutely thrilled for the players to come down here and get a point.

Dougie Imrie

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p0bdkfpf

Edited by 2426255

On 30/12/2021 at 13:15, 2426255 said:

I'm no Morton or Killie fan, but I heard Dougie Imrie's post match interview where he was really emphasising the players in it - Something managers love to do. Does anyone believe that or is he just shifting responsibility to the players early? The whole I'm just guide bit just seems a wee bit disingenuous. Also It's a bit cut and paste just because of the nature of the interview.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p0bdkfpf

'Players' mentioned 6 times there, someone's been paying attention to their media training