Jump to content
Tri-TON

The Greenock Morton Thread - It's Better Than Yours

Recommended Posts

Just now, Jamie_M said:

Looks like it could be Brechin.

x factor omg GIF by X Factor Global

 

😂😂😂 His career has really deteriorated in the last 3 years 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yesh McLean was fine for most of the season, but I'm thinking about examples like Montrose's second in the first leg where Webster roasted him, and Alloa's goal at Cappielow where Cameron got yards away from him at a set piece. I can't help wondering if these were just slip ups and he'll continue to be the average but dependable centre back he was most of the season, or if that's age catching up with him and he's going to go back to the level he was at in 19/20 or worse.

While I wouldn't have kept him myself, it's hardly setting alarm bells ringing the way McGinty hanging around would have. We at least know that McLean can be competent enough.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Finlay21 said:

Fortunately for us , Hopkin has completed his signings from there , 

Ramsbottom incoming. Hopkin likes to fish in the same pond, a bit like Rat McKinnon and look what’s happened to his teams.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not surprised at McLean (although very surprised, still, at how much better he’s been this season).

Again, I have mixed feelings about it, because, while he showed at times he’s got more class than any of the other centre-backs, he is slow and understandably looks vulnerable when people run at him.

And I don’t think he’s been signed as a ‘squad option’; coming immediately after Jacobs, looks like a statement of what the experienced core will be. Expect him to play if he stays fit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Happy enough with McLean signing on again. If we are to be looking at quality over quantity (the anti-Hopkin approach) then I'd imagine ye'd be looking at a tight first XI with youngsters getting their chance off the bench and covering injuries and suspensions. A coupla older heads around will be good for that and, of all the youngsters we tried to loan out last year, I don't recall many centre halves amongst them. Having at least one centre back on the books already will hopefully help us avoid the shitshow Hopkin had us starting the season with the last couple of seasons.

Having McLean start means holding a deeper line, which I'm not a fan o, but if he's there as cover or for specific games over the season where it fits the tactics we could do worse. He had a good season compared to most of our squad.

I think you’ve nailed it there! You’ve obviously read MCT’s Business Plan which was voted in by 561 votes to 1. Would the one (VT?) like to explain why

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, madton said:

Why?

Because I don't think he is very good and we could get a new striker in if he goes 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For gods sake Morton the season is over get over Hopkin and move on, you survived and have a good  experienced management team in place. Try and post comments without a mention of Hopkin he’s not your problem anymore getting really tiresome now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Lochwood said:

For gods sake Morton the season is over get over Hopkin and move on, you survived and have a good  experienced management team in place. Try and post comments without a mention of Hopkin he’s not your problem anymore getting really tiresome now.

You've just mentioned Hopkin as many times as Morton fans in the last 2 pages. Bore off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DreamOakTree1 said:

I think you’ve nailed it there! You’ve obviously read MCT’s Business Plan

nah. nae interest in MCT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, DreamOakTree1 said:

I think you’ve nailed it there! You’ve obviously read MCT’s Business Plan which was voted in by 561 votes to 1. Would the one (VT?) like to explain why

I voted for the deal but suspect that the dissenting vote wanted to tell the Rae family to shove their 'we get the car park though' condition up their arses. A sentiment that I sympathise with entirely. 

The Raes produced about 17 different plans for the club: most of which were unmitigated disasters. The new regime gets goodwill but not a free pass because they've got a plan.

Edited by vikingTON

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, virginton said:

I voted for the deal but suspect that the dissenting vote wanted to tell the Rae family to shove their 'we get the car park though' condition up their arses. A sentiment that I sympathise with entirely. 

The Raes produced about 17 different plans for the club: most of which were unmitigated disasters. The new regime gets goodwill but not a free pass because they've got a plan.

Fair enough VT, glad you backed the plan! Sounds like your heart believes it but your head tells you otherwise!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, mo83 said:

Because I don't think he is very good and we could get a new striker in if he goes 👍

Interesting. 

His goal ratio of a little over 1 in 2 this season suggests he is a player but respect your opinion having seen him every week 

If only we had a striker with that ratio.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 29/05/2021 at 21:24, madton said:

Interesting. 

His goal ratio of a little over 1 in 2 this season suggests he is a player but respect your opinion having seen him every week 

If only we had a striker with that ratio.

Last striker we had with a 1 in 2 ratio was Alex Williams!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 29/05/2021 at 16:14, virginton said:

I voted for the deal but suspect that the dissenting vote wanted to tell the Rae family to shove their 'we get the car park though' condition up their arses. A sentiment that I sympathise with entirely. 

The Raes produced about 17 different plans for the club: most of which were unmitigated disasters. The new regime gets goodwill but not a free pass because they've got a plan.

Someone with your business acumen and football nous should be an integral part of the new regime Baldrick. At least then the plan would be a cunning one.

If data breaching Bishop Len Brennan can worm his way in the bar can’t be set very high.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, DreamOakTree1 said:

Last striker we had with a 1 in 2 ratio was Alex Williams!

Declan McManus got 20 in 32 in 2014/15.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Branch Ton said:

Someone with your business acumen and football nous should be an integral part of the new regime Baldrick. At least then the plan would be a cunning one.

If data breaching Bishop Len Brennan can worm his way in the bar can’t be set very high.

One chump who certainly shouldn't be anywhere near the brains' trust is yourself, who spent all those years white knighting for 'Hoppy' against scepticism that he was a ginger fraud, only for your big hero to confirm that in spades. Do you ever get tired of being wrong?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, virginton said:

One chump who certainly shouldn't be anywhere near the brains' trust is yourself, who spent all those years white knighting for 'Hoppy' against scepticism that he was a ginger fraud, only for your big hero to confirm that in spades. Do you ever get tired of being wrong?

No I’m coated in an ever higher grade of Teflon than you. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, virginton said:

One chump who certainly shouldn't be anywhere near the brains' trust is yourself, who spent all those years white knighting for 'Hoppy' against scepticism that he was a ginger fraud, only for your big hero to confirm that in spades. Do you ever get tired of being wrong?

 

JpSobIbz2u4N6xay5c.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Take over not going through tomorrow due to hold up with HMRC. Hope to have it finalised in the next few days

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...