The Greenock Morton Thread - It's Better Than Yours

1 hour ago, Rudolph Hucker said:

Yes, very worrying. Much more important than the personal bitchiness that has gone before on this thread and elsewhere. 
Let’s all hope that we can get through to the end of the season and maintain Championship status. Really quite difficult, almost pointless, to focus on anything further ahead right now.

2 minutes ago, virginton said:

Erm yes - why should the fans worry their silly little heads about something as inconsequential as ownership of the only  asset in the club's books, when there's a six-pointer against Alloa to focus on instead.

B4B69545-A189-453C-97FC-1DCCF933CE23.png.7604d4bf06687ba0612974bc06b69402.png

You are the living representation of the term 'useful idiot', with the emphasis most definitely on the latter part.

Ah well, so much for the common sense approach........    😅

To an extent I don't mind your sneering, posturing negativity about everyone and everything. It can be quite entertaining. Right now, though, with the survival of the club seemingly on the line, your nonsense is as welcome as a wet fart. Grow up, ffs.

Oh and before our resident Rae lackey gets round to thumping out his weepy clincher argument again: there is no purpose in preserving a club for the short term that is fundamentally unsustainable without a viable balance sheet, never mind leaving the assets in the hands of those proven chancers.

If everything has to be blown up to get these clowns out of the door and the club secured for the long term then that's absolutely what has to be done. That's what happened when Scott was running the club into the ground as well and the lesson should be well learned.

Edited by vikingTON

1 minute ago, Rudolph Hucker said:

Ah well, so much for the common sense approach........    😅

To an extent I don't mind your sneering, posturing negativity about everyone and everything. It can be quite entertaining. Right now, though, with the survival of the club seemingly on the line, your nonsense is as welcome as a wet fart. Grow up, ffs.

It is the craven snivelling of clowns like you who will responsible for the death of the club if that ever occurs. It's just a shame that you didn't hitch onto the Scott bandwagon so that we have to deal with your braying nonsense now.

The stadium situation just has to change now. Golden Casket have demonstrated for the umpteenth time that they are incapable of safeguarding the club's future, so we can't trust them with any aspect of it. It's got to be a red line.

MCT's position should now be that the stadium remains with the club when ownership changes and we help bail you out of your latest self-inflicted catastrophe, with an earlier takeover if necessary to achieve that. Alternatively you can insist on sticking with your plan to do a runner with the assets and we do nothing to aid your latest round of begging for handouts with one hand and giving the support the finger with the other. They are handing the club £10K a month as it is and they're the only route out of the club for Golden Casket - they have them over a barrel.

As ever MCT have to word things diplomatically but as that statement isn't shying away from saying that the club faces a genuine existential threat, I'm hopeful they're appreciating that the situation is drastic and the rules of engagement have changed as a result.

Edited by Dunning1874

4 hours ago, TheGoon said:

It is somewhat reassuring to know that with which ever disaster Morton lurch to, you can be certain Rudolph will always have the worst possible take on it. A rare constant.

🤪🤪🤪 what a stupid comment. 
I want the Raes gone, but I’m broadminded and sensible enough to take a balanced view. I look at both sides of the argument and I make my mind up from there - things are very rarely as black and white as the blinkered amongst us would have you believe. If that means my take of things is often unpopular, that’s a shame, but really I don’t give a crap.

TL;DR version - just lift the blinkers up for a second, and read my sig. 👍

It’s bizarre how often having a stadium site with any perceived value can be the biggest existential threat to a football club.
Let the Rae’s take what they want in return for writing off all debts and a promise to top the cash the other group have to see you through until the start of next season. Make a plan from there. If that’s in league 1, part time and ground sharing so be it. The club survives and the Rae’s will be gone.
I think a lot fans seriously underestimate the responsibilities of running a football club (indeed any business) and how bloody difficult it is. If you get through this it will be because you will have been lucky to find, what will basically be volunteers, with the skill set to guide you through and the harsh fact is that’s unlikely but not impossible.

Other than that I think one word aptly sums up my feelings on this subject, given the odious behaviour of several Morton fans, and 2 in particular, towards other clubs in a similar position, including my own.

IMG_1607763154.068880.jpg

It’s bizarre how often having a stadium site with any perceived value can be the biggest existential threat to a football club.
Let the Rae’s take what they want in return for writing off all debts and a promise to top the cash the other group have to see you through until the start of next season. Make a plan from there. If that’s in league 1, part time and ground sharing so be it. The club survives and the Rae’s will be gone.
I think a lot fans seriously underestimate the responsibilities of running a football club (indeed any business) and how bloody difficult it is. If you get through this it will be because you will have been lucky to find, what will basically be volunteers, with the skill set to guide you through and the harsh fact is that’s unlikely but not impossible.

Other than that I think one word aptly sums up my feelings on this subject, given the odious behaviour of several Morton fans, and 2 in particular, towards other clubs in a similar position, including my own.

IMG_1607763154.068880.thumb.jpg.46c63fa3beb5d30da3092ebd5666e38d.jpg
Sorry but part time, league 1 and ground sharing is a recipe for complete disaster. Shouldn't be acceptable. Cappielow was there long before the Raes took over and should be there long after.

6 hours ago, BingMcCrosby said:

Another constant being you popping up with nothing at all to say. Apart from you agree with VT.

Sorry Bing, I should’ve at least given you an honourable mention for worst poster, I know it’s something you’ve put a great deal of effort into trying to secure.

7 hours ago, BingMcCrosby said:

Another constant being you popping up with nothing at all to say. Apart from you agree with VT.

Hope there's still enough spare rent-free space in your head for the club to play their home matches there from 2022.

13 hours ago, TheGoon said:

Sorry Bing, I should’ve at least given you an honourable mention for worst poster, I know it’s something you’ve put a great deal of effort into trying to secure.

Can you tell me about your avatar choice?

It looks like its a case of, he likes Ainsley. So I like Ainsley too.

Which is cute 😍 he'll totally bang you one day if you keep agreeing with everything he types.

Edited by BingMcCrosby

8 hours ago, BingMcCrosby said:

Can you tell me about your avatar choice?

It looks like its a case of, he likes Ainsley. So I like Ainsley too.

Which is cute 😍 he'll totally bang you one day if you keep agreeing with everything he types.

There are of course famously no other accounts on this forum with the same person in an avatar, none. 

And I disagree with him on something nearly every week. 

Very glad to see you’re a seething mess over it anyway. Here’s some Ainsley. 

EAA51295-8571-48F7-877E-C88A8A341D11.jpeg

2444C654-A9B5-4F7C-BDFE-DDE386EE0022.png

2B050AFA-8270-455B-83D6-3CD196CEFFA5.jpeg

7ECA874C-E0D5-4478-8E4D-188326A47AB3.jpeg

E369E663-9A75-4E51-B3BE-B036F3AB6AD0.jpeg

4E693133-44AF-46C1-A883-D8023BAA6111.jpeg

Edited by TheGoon

Never fails to amaze me (and amuse me) on here that taking a common sense approach, looking at both sides of an argument and pointing out to the blinkered some of the flaws in their thinking automatically gets you labelled a "seething mess". Personally, I've never been known to seethe, not even the once. Mildly annoyed on a few occasions on here just like anyone else, that I can accept, nothing more because, hey, it's only fitba', it's really not that important.

But to those who are hard of thinking, where everything has to be polarised into black and white, it's revert to the old "if yur no' fur us, yur agin us" mentality. Still, gives them the chance to resort to abusing somebody other than themselves I suppose....... 

ETA -  ooh, look at that - rid-dotted by the board’s biggest seething mess.  How utterly predictable.  *waves to vt* 

🤪🤪🤪

Edited by Rudolph Hucker