The Greenock Morton Thread - It's Better Than Yours

4 minutes ago, virginton said:

What 'attitude' is this you speak of?

His eagerness to shift blame for a goal onto others when it was blatantly he who made an arse of it.

And no, I’m not going to conduct a forensic review of each goal we conceded to prove my point. It’s suffice for you to know that I saw this a number of times from him.

I also fail to recall a single game (at home) all season where I thought, he’s been the difference in the points gotten that day.

He was better than Ramsbottom for sure, but that shouldn’t be the criteria we use for a goalie going forward and I won’t miss him.

Rogers started slowly, but it was his first consistent run of games in a couple of years having had an injury in that time. After a couple of early shockers at Easter Road and Tannadice, when he got his match sharpness back he showed he was a wholly capable goalkeeper and after McCrorie left QoS there wasn't anyone in the Championship I'd have swapped him for. We'll be doing very well to get someone on the same level.

49 minutes ago, Morton Supporter said:

His eagerness to shift blame for a goal onto others when it was blatantly he who made an arse of it.

And no, I’m not going to conduct a forensic review of each goal we conceded to prove my point. It’s suffice for you to know that I saw this a number of times from him.

Well no it won't actually suffice, because I happen to think that you are talking utter bollocks. So can you provide some examples to support your case? Thanks in advance.

2 minutes ago, virginton said:

Well no it won't actually suffice, because I happen to think that you are talking utter bollocks. So can you provide some examples to support your case? Thanks in advance.

Wasting your time, pal: I’ve already answered your question and I have no interest in what you think.

1 minute ago, Morton Supporter said:

Wasting your time, pal: I’ve already answered your question and I have no interest in what you think.

So that'll be no specific examples found and 'talking utter bollocks' confirmed then, thanks for playing anyway. 

34 minutes ago, virginton said:

So that'll be no specific examples found and 'talking utter bollocks' confirmed then, thanks for playing anyway. 

There were plenty early in the season: if you’re so interested, knock yourself out finding them.

On a separate note, do you not get bored recycling that line of conversation over and over and over?

4 minutes ago, Morton Supporter said:

There were plenty early in the season: if you’re so interested, knock yourself out finding them.

The onus is on the person claiming that he had an 'attitude problem' to provide supporting evidence; I'm under absolutely no obligation to go through all of last season's highlights to support your crock of shit argument m8. 

Swing and a miss. 

A82C2CD1-48C9-41B5-9D28-A9E9CE8E0FD2.jpeg.d3be676db1ccf3317445a35c285ddeed.jpeg

Edited by vikingTON

15 minutes ago, virginton said:

The onus is on the person claiming that he had an 'attitude problem' to provide supporting evidence; I'm under absolutely no obligation to go through all of last season's highlights to support your crock of shit argument m8. 

Swing and a miss. 

A82C2CD1-48C9-41B5-9D28-A9E9CE8E0FD2.jpeg.d3be676db1ccf3317445a35c285ddeed.jpeg

There’s no onus on either of us.

But seeing as you’re the person who cared enough to see the evidence - and has cared enough to keep this boring conversation going - I continue to invite you to go away and find it for yourself.

Meanwhile, I’ll continue to hold my opinion of Danny Rogers, as I saw what I saw (numerous times). And that’s an opinion btw, that’s highly inconsequential given it’s been shared amongst the dozen or so folk interested enough in Morton to discuss them online.

What is interesting is this pattern of behaviour you have where you pick up on some of these said, inconsequential opinions and ask for forensic-level evidence. What’s that all about? Are you not a wee bit worried by that?

5 minutes ago, Morton Supporter said:

There’s no onus on either of us.

But seeing as you’re the person who cared enough to see the evidence - and has cared enough to keep this boring conversation going - I continue to invite you to go away and find it for yourself.

Well no, there is actually an onus on the person making the claim about someone's bad attitude to back it up with evidence. The fact that you can't after being requested to do so several times means that it can be safely filed in the bin if we choose to do so. And so I will.

Meanwhile, I’ll continue to hold my opinion of Danny Rogers, as I saw what I saw (numerous times). And that’s an opinion btw, that’s highly inconsequential given it’s been shared amongst the dozen or so folk interested enough in Morton to discuss them online.

Your general assessment of whether Rogers was a good goalkeeper or not is a fair enough opinion; I happen to think it's wrong but it's fundamentally a matter of personal judgment. Your claim that Rogers had an attitude problem, on the other hand, is a specific claim about the character of a player and so requires evidence and not just bluster like you've provided for the last full page.

What is interesting is this pattern of behaviour you have where you pick up on some of these said, inconsequential opinions and ask for forensic-level evidence. What’s that all about? Are you not a wee bit worried by that?

It's called 'logic-based argumentation' champ, it's been the basis for how we've been doing things in the West for 300 years. If you don't like it then an Internet forum is probably not the best place for you.

^^^ desperately scrambling for relevance.  😆

ETA - wow,  4 minutes between post and rid dot incoming. 👍 By no means your fastest, but once again confirms how much of your time you waste on here. You really should get yourself something more akin to a life. 

Looking at the centre part of your post above - you are fundamentally wrong,  chump. The guy stated his opinion on the ability of Rogers as a goalkeeper, and then went on to state his opinion on the player's attitude. That's all it was, an opinion. You may wish to argue against it but he is not under any obligation to expand on it if he can't be arsed. That doesn't mean his opinion is wrong,  no matter how much you trumpet about it. 

And it's good to see someone else tell you to take a hike with your "be very specific" bollocks. 

Just my (extremely specific)  opinion, of course. 😁

Edited by Rudolph Hucker

I bought my season ticket yesterday morning online, can see the money was instantly whipped out of my bank account but I didn’t receive an email of any kind to say it’s all sorted or a wee thanks or that.....This the same for other folk? Just double checking, thought there may have been some sort of confirmation email!? What a terrible set up we have.

Edited by M0rtonfc

1 hour ago, M0rtonfc said:

I bought my season ticket yesterday morning online, can see the money was instantly whipped out of my bank account but I didn’t receive an email of any kind to say it’s all sorted or a wee thanks or that.....This the same for other folk? Just double checking, thought there may have been some sort on confirmation email. I did just do the quick renew option, perhaps why?

Didn't buy a season ticket last year but I did the year before and I didn't get a confirmation email either. An utterly amateur operation.

Renewed my season ticket yesterday and didn’t receive an email either but if you go into the history in your online account it gives details of  an order number and date and time season ticket was purchased which might be of assistance later in the season when we fail to get access due to the malfunction of the turnstiles