Tri-TON

The Greenock Morton Thread - It's Better Than Yours

I liked Bob McHugh. He went from being a bit of a joke figure to an intelligent striker who had a knack of getting goals at a decent rate. When I found out he was leaving he went with my best wishes.

That's all over now he's signed for the snake. Scum. Sub-human scum.

29 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

That's all over now he's signed for the snake. Scum. Sub-human scum.

😳 Please tell me you weren't serious with that last bit. Hard to tell sometimes. 

3 minutes ago, Rudolph Hucker said:

😳 Please tell me you weren't serious with that last bit. Hard to tell sometimes. 

Those who lie with dogs...

11 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Those who lie with dogs...

That a "yes" or a "no" or an "ah'm no' saying"? 

2 minutes ago, Stevie Aitken's Love Child said:

I know McHugh has gone where the best money has been offered to him, but that is a move which shows such a lack of ambition it's unreal. 

He's admitted he is looking to the future re jobs after football so think he's just being realistic. He's approaching late 20s and not likely to get a big move at this point so not sure what ambition is going to do for him. Would playing for Dunfermline or Dundee really do much for his career now?

Still with him playing for McKinnon hope he sinks with the snake.

4 minutes ago, Stevie Aitken's Love Child said:

I know McHugh has gone where the best money has been offered to him, but that is a move which shows such a lack of ambition it's unreal. 

The guy has a family to support if he got 2 years security and more money good luck to the guy. I challenge anyone who wouldn't have done the same.

3 minutes ago, gmfc said:

The guy has a family to support if he got 2 years security and more money good luck to the guy. I challenge anyone who wouldn't have done the same.

Even worse IMHO. Imagine expecting your kids to respect you when you've signed for Ray McKinnon. SMH

6 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Even worse IMHO. Imagine expecting your kids to respect you when you've signed for Ray McKinnon. SMH

Think you need to get a life and move on old history.

19 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

IIRC you moved back to Scotland a while back from somewhere down south. Presumably you have a job up here. When you were looking for it did you  a) look for one giving you as good a salary as you could get, or did you b) only consider jobs that you thought might not annoy your ex-colleagues and your old company's clientele? And if the answer is a), as I somehow think it is, why the hell should a journeyman footballer be any different? 

Just now, Rudolph Hucker said:

IIRC you moved back to Scotland a while back from somewhere down south. Presumably you have a job up here. When you were looking for it did you  a) look for one giving you as good a salary as you could get, or did you b) only consider jobs that you thought might not annoy your ex-colleagues and your old company's clientele? And if the answer is a), as I somehow think it is, why the hell should a journeyman footballer be any different? 

I actually made sure none of the jobs were under the management of Ray McKinnon before I done anything else. Once that was confirmed at the interview stage I was grand.

33 minutes ago, gmfc said:

Sounds a great deal. More money and not likely to play any games next season except bounce games with Falkirk and Partick T.

4 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

I actually made sure none of the jobs were under the management of Ray McKinnon before I done anything else. Once that was confirmed at the interview stage I was grand.

Of course you did. I'm willing to believe that you were small-minded enough to do exactly that. 

McKinnon is long gone from Morton now. Get over it and let it go. 

PS - FWIW I think Bob McHugh was a very good player for us. Always a trier, a good solid pro and top scorer 3 seasons running, some cracking goals amongst them. I wish him well, and I don't give a shit who he plays for, or who manages them. 

It must be a very good deal to drop 2 divisions. You would think chairman out there would learn their lesson giving that idiot a blank cheque. 

Grant,  Bell, Slater, Mclean and now Mchugh. They "should" cruise that league when it restarts, but then again so should Falkirk this season. 

59 minutes ago, The Ghost of B A R P said:

I liked McHugh, although he frustrated more often than he delivered... but he needs his head looked for going there.

Will be down to money , one of the most affluent clubs outwith the Premiership I would think , money for sale of Hampden and Willie Haughey supposedly pumped in a fortune  

It must be a very good deal to drop 2 divisions. You would think chairman out there would learn their lesson giving that idiot a blank cheque. 
Grant,  Bell, Slater, Mclean and now Mchugh. They "should" cruise that league when it restarts, but then again so should Falkirk this season. 

Bell probably won’t play a game for QP as well, seeing Muir has re-signed