Tri-TON

The Greenock Morton Thread - It's Better Than Yours

Hopefully a carer will be around soon to shuffle the pish-stained old jakey above away from the library computer. I blame austerity for the nick of this thread.

😄 pish-stained old jakey, wow, hilarious patter vt. The only jakey on this thread is you - like many others, I've seen the photo. 😉

And on that subject, some supermarket security footage has come to light that apparently shows you too - the name is correct, the age at the time would be right and the subject matter clinches it........    Enjoy.

Heads up for Morton fans travelling by train to our game on the 29th. Buses replace trains between Kilmarnock and Dumfries until 16 March. Think you can use your Scotrail tickets to go to Carlisle via Lockerbie and back up to Dumfries. If you get off at Lockerbie instead, looks like you’d need to pay to get to Dumfries from there as not mentioned as an alternative.

https://www.nationalrail.co.uk/service_disruptions/242112.aspx?_ga=2.82680095.8235339.1581868146-1642003281.1581868146

Hi,

I'm working on a View From the Terrace and looking for Morton fans who will be at Saturday's game vs Alloa Athletic and be happy to talk about their Cappielow memories for a VT we are shooting called "Theatre of Dreams."

If you're interested then give me a shout, it would just be a few questions pre-match.

Cheers, Chris

Edited by TheCaptainsArmband

21 minutes ago, TheCaptainsArmband said:

Hi,

I'm working on a View From the Terrace and looking for Morton fans who will be at Saturday's game vs Alloa Athletic and be happy to talk about their Cappielow memories for a VT we are shooting called "Theatre of Dreams."

If you're interested then give me a shout, it would just be a few questions pre-match.

Cheers, Chris

I'll dae it if ye shout me a pint in the Norseman

28 minutes ago, TheCaptainsArmband said:

VT we are shooting

Aaahh, if only.......

😃

4 hours ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

I'll dae it if ye shout me a pint in the Norseman

"ahh i remember it like it was yesterday...peaso put that penalty away to bring it back to 2-2 to all but seal the title...8 points clear, thistle deflated, shuggie murray loses his mind again and gets sent aff..nothing could go wrong....i would finally realise my dream of seeing my belived ton in the SPL......the horror......the horror......."

Edited by Daftjag

Nice try, but I think you’re hugely overestimating the significance of your club, and even that season end,to Morton fans.

Anyway, poor impersonation IMO  -  only the one spelling mistake.

22 hours ago, Rudolph Hucker said:

Nice try, but I think you’re hugely overestimating the significance of your club, and even that season end,to Morton fans.

Anyway, poor impersonation IMO  -  only the one spelling mistake.

if you'd have gone into the spl for the first time in 30 odd years i reckon it would've been pretty significant for morton tbh mate dont kid a kidder😂  anyways was tongue and cheek as always....apologies for any offence caused

Edited by Daftjag

Hi,
Cheers, Chris

Look forward to seeing how the terrace cover cappielow - sensational ground!

Annoying that we are now undefeated in six league games but only have 10 points to show for it, especially when three of the four draws we should have won them.

I get that the new Twitter guy is a young lad, and I see what he is trying to do. But f**k me is it awful. The "wowzerooney" line is awful. Also noticed he put it in caps last night to emphasise it after people had digs at him for it on Saturday - not a wise move tbh.

I love the new twitter guy. I don't use twitter so doesn't bother me but he winds other folk up and he's clearly doing it on purpose but folk are still biting,

Well played

56 minutes ago, Tri-TON said:

I get that the new Twitter guy is a young lad, and I see what he is trying to do. But f**k me is it awful. The "wowzerooney" line is awful. Also noticed he put it in caps last night to emphasise it after people had digs at him for it on Saturday - not a wise move tbh.

Uch dry yer eyes FFS, why you greeting over something like that? Who cares, he's doing fine.

His tweets can be a bit cringe and think he forgets its the club's Twitter account and not his personal, e.g "I love this club" last night... its meant to be the club tweeting not him personally. Some of them are funny right enough and it's no big deal. I know he will be told to come across super positive etc as well.

Calling players "mate" though is pretty amateurish  in the post match interviews. If he can add a bit more professionalism to that, it would come across much better. Fine line between fan and club employee who's a fan.

Did he not say "The Paisley scum" in an official podcast or something?

He's keen, he cares and he's passionate which is great,  just needs to come across a bit more professionally which will come over time I'm sure.

I love the new twitter guy. I don't use twitter so doesn't bother me but he winds other folk up and he's clearly doing it on purpose but folk are still biting,

Well played

He’s a genuine fan and he’s positive about the club! Better than a boring account of the club. Fair play to him!