The Greenock Morton Thread - It's Better Than Yours

Any questions that @Morton_FC fans have for David Hopkin and Dave McKinnon can be sent to media@gmfc.net or I am happy for people to email them directly to me themortonweekly@gmail.com as this email will be the one I check for all ‘Morton weekly podcast’ correspondence. [emoji838][emoji836]️

Why would any self respecting Morton fan run their questions past a gormless nomark Celtic fan like yourself, who merely claims to have a ‘wee team’ preference for this once-proud football club? Particularly given that recent weeks prove that the chief executive and manager read absolutely everything posted on social media regardless; so you have no worthwhile contribution to make then.

Thanks for playing anyway champ.

24 minutes ago, virginton said:

Why would any self respecting Morton fan run their questions past a gormless nomark Celtic fan like yourself, who merely claims to have a ‘wee team’ preference for this once-proud football club? Particularly given that recent weeks prove that the chief executive and manager read absolutely everything posted on social media. You have no worthwhile contribution then.

Diplomatic as ever, vT! :lol:

Why would any self respecting Morton fan run their questions past a gormless nomark Celtic fan like yourself, who merely claims to have a ‘wee team’ preference for this once-proud football club? Particularly given that recent weeks prove that the chief executive and manager read absolutely everything posted on social media. You have no worthwhile contribution then.

Is that question for Hopkin or McKinnon?

9 hours ago, virginton said:

Why would any self respecting Morton fan run their questions past a gormless nomark Celtic fan like yourself, who merely claims to have a ‘wee team’ preference for this once-proud football club? Particularly given that recent weeks prove that the chief executive and manager read absolutely everything posted on social media regardless; so you have no worthwhile contribution to make then.

I couldn’t give a toss who the guy allegedly supports, not if he provides a decent service for Morton. No different to going into Smith’s sports shop in Greenock to buy Morton merchandise and being served by an Old/New Firm fan - as long as you get what you’re looking for, why should you know or care? Better someone who’s good at what they do (and I’m assuming this guy is) than someone who isn’t particularly good but goes to every game at Cappielow. And, as he says on the cesspool that is all that remains of the (once-proud??🤪)  Morton forum, he does have a strong interest in Morton.
Personally I can’t be arsed with all the “big team/wee team” bollocks, it’s a free country, folk can support who they want to and if someone can provide a better service than we’ve been getting then let them get on with it.

Having said that, given the amount of flack he’s been getting on that forum from some of the mouths-on-sticks that post on there i wouldn’t blame him if he gave them their way and pulled the plug on the whole thing.

And re the bit in bold above -  if that were true and led to an invitation from Dave MacKinnon to meet and discuss the matter in person, wouldn’t it be interesting to see how the keyboard warrior that is vt squirmed his way out of - shock, horror - the chance to be a smartarse when face to face with someone? 

(Edited to add an “a” as “McKinnon” remains a swear word on here).

Edited by Rudolph Hucker

13 hours ago, virginton said:

Not all our fan base is crippled by an  innate inability to  interact socially such as yours.

You need some self awareness CBT. 

9 hours ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

I would take Kenny Miller just to see if Hopkin still uses "lack of experience" as an excuse for shite performances with a midfield and strikeforce with a combined age of the Golden Girls

Surely to f**k he's not said that? You must have one of the most 'experienced' squads in the league?

6 minutes ago, Jamie_M said:
56 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:
Surely to f**k he's not said that? You must have one of the most 'experienced' squads in the league?

That was our reaction the first time. After the 82nd time, its just noise.

There were some pretty noisy rumours that it was his assistant that was pulling the strings at Livingston. Given that Martindale is still there and Livi are doing OK, is that likely to be true do you think?

There were some pretty noisy rumours that it was his assistant that was pulling the strings at Livingston. Given that Martindale is still there and Livi are doing OK, is that likely to be true do you think?
No. I think that's just made up nonsense. Why wouldn't Livi have just given him the gig rather than giving it to Miller, then Holt?

Still, it's a nice story though.

No. I think that's just made up nonsense. Why wouldn't Livi have just given him the gig rather than giving it to Miller, then Holt?

Still, it's a nice story though.

Perhaps it was because of his drug convictions and they’d rather keep him out of the spotlight.

I don’t think he was pulling all the strings but he definitely has a hand in transfers.

1 hour ago, ShaggerG said:

Hopkin doesn't strike me as the kind of guy who would accept that in all honesty.

He's minted by all accounts so didn't need to take the job to pay his bills and put up with someone else running things.

He will have an influence but then so he should.

Perhaps it was because of his drug convictions and they’d rather keep him out of the spotlight.

I don’t think he was pulling all the strings but he definitely has a hand in transfers.
Didn't seem to be a sniff of Hopkin trying to take him anywhere else either which would seem a little strange if he was that critical to him.

Martindale does seem to be an assistant that actually does stuff though rather than the majority who have little impact, but that is probably a rare positive rather than some cloak and dagger scandal.

Hopkin will be always be  a legend in my eyes. He managed us through one of the most incredible periods of our short, turbulent history. By luck or design, I don't know, but what can't be argued is that during our seasons in L1/Championship he had a team/squad that knitted better and were better drilled than any team I had witnessed before, whilst being on buttons.

With Martindale, it's a matter on record that he has always been a huge influence at the club, way more than any other assistant manager. Takes training, does painting/decorating, fixes floodlights etc. Ask most Livi fans and they'll probably tell you that they think he has more influence than even that.  

Edited by mozam76

Not all our fan base is crippled by an  innate inability to  interact socially such as yours.
 You need some self awareness CBT. 

You need a psychiatrist to sort your multiple personality disorder, you Walter Mitty fantasist.

3 hours ago, Jamie_M said:

Didn't seem to be a sniff of Hopkin trying to take him anywhere else either which would seem a little strange if he was that critical to him.

Martindale does seem to be an assistant that actually does stuff though rather than the majority who have little impact, but that is probably a rare positive rather than some cloak and dagger scandal.

He tried to take him to Bradford but Martindale didn't want to leave. 

So we've now removed Welsh(recalled), Dykes and King this window (the latter I imagine was on a decent wage).

Surely, we've got at least two coming in. Another defender and a striker would be my priority, although we may need to move Orsi out on a permanent or loan to do so.

However, I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't bother..