Tri-TON

The Greenock Morton Thread - It's Better Than Yours

Genuinely sorry to type this but he is a shadow. No longer dominant in the air and constantly shelling the ball out of play. Or at least thats how he left us.

I have rarely hoped to be wrong about a player signing for another club. Would absolutely love to see him getting back to his best but he is more than 3 years removed from it now. A real real shame.

Yous will at the very least appreciates the way he tries to play even if it doesnt work.

Aye agreed. I'm sure we have put him through a medical, the same one which highlighted Waddells injury so hopefully he is fit to play straight away. 
Curious to know if it was injuries or form which prevented him from playing too much last season. 
Happy to take the slight gamble as you say! 

What happened with Kerr?

He's obviously got a bit of quality about him. Injuries haven't helped over the last couple of years. 

If he's fit I'm sure the quality will shine through again. It's a fresh start for the lad so I hope he gets back to the player we know he can be.

10 minutes ago, Lichtie78 said:

What happened with Kerr?

We picked something up in his medical apparently - not sure how serious it is.

2 hours ago, Colkitto said:

He's obviously got a bit of quality about him. Injuries haven't helped over the last couple of years. 

If he's fit I'm sure the quality will shine through again. It's a fresh start for the lad so I hope he gets back to the player we know he can be.

Depends what you mean by quality? He's not and never was a ball playing type of centre back. Good in the air and tackle though and dominated most forwards that he played against which is what you want in a defender of course. Remember that Gasparotto boy that we both had? Peter Grant was 63,000,000 times better!

3 hours ago, Colkitto said:

Peter Grant signs on at Morton

D-8nWR9X4AAgH85.jpg

Great player before the innocuous looking injury. Never the same afterwards, real shame as the lad looked like he was destined for a great career. Wish him well though, really top bloke aswell. 

40 minutes ago, bad chad said:

MaybeGrant wasn't helped by playing on 4G pitches? 

Well, the injury didn't happen on a 4G pitch if that's what you're implying? Whether it was subsequently exacerbated by them is open to debate.

Thoughts on Frank Ross? IIRC he did ok for you a couple of years ago?

2 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

Started off brightly but was quite poor after a couple of months. That was maybe down to Duffy’s shitebag tactics right enough. Loves a 50/50 challenge which is quite unusual for a winger of his shape. 

3 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

Then Duffy dropped him for no reason.

Edited by Jamie_M

I thought Frank was a good player. Good signing imho.

Have you got a strong team out tonight?

We're sort of half and half and its 2-0 after 25 minutes already. 

What is this strong team you speak of?

We're playing not too bad despite the scoreline. Misplaced pass for the first goal and penalty for the 2nd. 

Oh and Foster is a pure knob

27 minutes ago, Jamie_M said:
31 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

What is this strong team you speak of?

That bad? 😂

Now 3-0, from the end of last seasons starting 11, we're only 4 players down (Clark, Gordon, Craig, Kennedy), so it's not too weak a side.

3-2, comeback well and truly on. John Sutton, inevitably, scoring against us 😂

First half was dreadful and I considered going home. Second half was much better.

I know it's only one game but Orsi looks a right dud. McAlister and Jacobs both do the same job (Jacobs better) and Regan Tumilty is still absolute shite.

Nesbitt playing central doesn't inspire much hope but it was a very nice goal he scored.

Salkeld looks like he's got a bit about him - first half shunted all over the place and second half at RWB.

Peter Grant was easily the worst of the 3 CBs. McGeever had an excellent game tbh.